“Expected better”

Ranked #32 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Northern Ireland
“Expected better”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Customer service was so poor - the guy who met us when we checked in couldn't wait to get back to what ever he was doing. The rooms are nicely decorated but very few have ensuite and there is only 1 toilet and shower per floor, beware the shower is not powerful at all. It's more like a nice hostel, I certainly wouldn't call this a hotel. Hotel is right beside bus stop which is great to get into city centre - bus takes only 10 minutes and buses are every 5-10 minutes.
Overall wouldn't recommend and certainly would not use this accommodation again when we return to Cardiff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed overnight with my family while collecting my sister from university.
The greeting was fantastic and friendly.
After being placed in my own room (as requested) I found it be clean, roomy and light.
The only problem I faced, was my room was on the ground floor at the front, so I could hear buses all through the night.
My father explained the next day that I had not closed my window, so the noise was me not thinking!
very happy with my stay, would happily stay again and have recommended to friends.

Room Tip: Close windows of a night if room is at the front
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JenniferrXD
Avezzano, Italy
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I have gone in this place because it had the best price of all hotel in Cardiff. I imagined it would be an hovel, but... Everything was perfect: clean bathroom (shared), kind staff, good position. The manager has deserved compliments personally and on TripAdvisor. Well-reccomended

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank 5ergio
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2014

It is a family owned business and the pride in what they have built shows in everything they do. As so many of the reviews have indicated, this is a lovely stop in Cardiff. It is comfortable; rooms are updated and our top of the building ensuite was a bit of a climb, but worth it. It sparkled, it was so clean! The road noise was a bit distracting for us, but the bed was so comfy, I fell to sleep easily. Breakfast was lovingly prepared by the sweetest woman. Cardiff QUEEN St rail station is close, but coming from London, we got into Cardiff Central and it was a bit farther than I expected. However, to get to the center of town is a 15 min easy walk. Taxis run about 3 pounds and the bus is 1.80 one way, so 2 of us used the taxi if we tired of walking. I would definitely stay here again if I were to ever be in Cardiff again.

Room Tip: Rm 24 is ensuite double bed, but at the top of the building, so plan to tote luggage up many steps...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Qdancer
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable beds, convenient bus stop to city center, and Tony the manager was very helpful in amending my reservation! Also, walking distance from pubs and grocery. Safe car park in back. I recommend this property!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Liz O
Cowes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Really nice comfortable hotel. Reasonable price. Breakfast is extra if you want it. A one night stay while I was there for a conference. I was helped to find somewhere to eat and even offered a takeaway menu. The décor and general condition of the hotel was high. Enjoyed the stay and had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I needed a single room for one night before my daughter arrived and we started our holiday. This was a lovely old house, I was right at the top of the house but thankfully I didn't have to carry my own case all that way. Breakfast was a bargain so I took advantage, and it was very enjoyable.

Nice comfy room, lovely and clean, and friendly host, in the morning I asked him to call me a taxi. "You're a taxi." he says... oh how we laughed!! :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo