“Perfectly decent B&B close to all Cardiff attractions”
Review of Tanes Hotel

Tanes Hotel
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed one night for a concert. The Newport road is not exactly a quaint street these days, so is no "romantic weekend" venue, but Tane's is easy to find, and has a secure carpark to the rear.

I was checked in by a charming older lady, and shown to a lovely room. On the ground floor with a huge bay window, it was not the warmest room i ever stayed in, but was certainly not unbearable.

Bed quite comfy, and everything was very clean.

I had a decent night's sleep ( mind you after a few beers I could have slept on concrete!) and the breakfast the following morning was welcome if not earth shaking.

All in all a perfectly decent B&B that I will certainly consider again should i find myself in Cardiff.

Room Tip: Book direct to Tanes hotel for the best rates and rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ormstein

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I chose this hotel after reading some reviews. Sadly they only do Bed and Breakfast but I was able to park my car at the rear of the hotel in their car park and was able to walk to my job both days and the owners let me leave my car there on the second day. It also has a bus stop outside the hotel on both sides of the road and I took the opportunity to go into Cardiff centre.

I had room 2 at the rear of the property. It was a family room with shower. The room was very clean and the shower room very modern.

If I had a criticism there was no heating in the shower room so I left the door open to get some
heat in also I would have liked something like grapefruit segments on the menu instead of just orange juice. My breakfast of poached eggs on toast was very well cooked and I had a nice pot of tea and also some more toast that was served before my main breakfast.

I would stay here again as it was convenient and as a lady travelling on her own I felt quite safe.

Room Tip: I had room 2 which is a family room with double and a single for single occupancy as it was at the r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Me and my friend who stopped here during the cardiff half marathon this year, We had a twin single room which was a good comfortable size it was a shared bathroom down the hall which was kept very clean. There is a secure carpark at the back which can be a bit hard to park in if full but is very secure with a shutter coming down at night,

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

A group of us visited Cardiff for the weekend for the rugby so were looking for somewhere just to crash really I thought the rooms were of a good standard. The bathroom was very nicely done out along with very good hygiene levels. The tv in the room only seemed to be able to get BBC channels and the breakfast was average which consisted of a cooked breakfast, cereals and a gone off fruit bowl!! Maybe more of an option on what you wanted as not everyone likes a cooked breakfast. If they sorted the quality of food out I would have no hesitation of giving the place top marks

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Checked out this morning and still in awe of my experience there. Never was I expecting a sparkly clean shared toilet and bath, much less furnished and fully carpeted. Hygiene and professionalism is exceptional at Tane's. It has been a privilege to know such hospitality. Thank you!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Evangeline L
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Tanes hotel was reasonably priced, with luxury rooms, friendly staff, free wifi and a comfortable nights sleep, breakfast was great which a lot to offer, would definitely stay again and would highly recommend !!'n

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I really wanted to like this hotel as theowners were lovely and my first room was gorgeous, but sadly the negatives outweighed the positives. The negatives: neighbourhood, parking space (or lack of); hot rooms, no tv remote, no internet code, no hairdryer etc.

I had a sumptuous room at first which overlooked a derelict house and occupants! The person in th room next door played loud music all the time so I asked for another room and was given a much smaller but quieter room onthe top floor, overlooking the busy street.

Breakfast was not good with no real attention to vegetarians. I got pallid scrambled eggs and raw tomatoes and old fruit.

There is also rather a hike into the city.

But the staff are lovely.

I suggest that the focus should be on the basic comforts rather than making the rooms flashy.

Room Tip: Your choice. either a very busy road or a very bad view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo