“Get a taste card”
Review of Spice Quarter

Spice Quarter
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Quarter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #219 of 1,262 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Spice Quarter is on the first floor of the popular restaurant hub, the Old Brewery Quarter in Cardiff city centre. Unlike the capital’s tens of ‘cheap eat’ restaurants, Spice Quarter places itself in the a la carte fine dining set. They've got the contemporary look right. And the food’s genuinely excellent. Visible hard at work in the glass fronted kitchen, each of the five chefs, recruited from luxury hotels in Delhi and Bombay, specialises in cooking from their regional home. So from the street-side eateries of Punjab comes a smooth butter chicken, while a Malabari fish curry could have come direct from the South Indian coast.
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

If you have a taste card it's 50% off service is a bit slow but the food is lovely especially the vegetarian

Nice atmosphere not expensive it's worth a try!!

There are newer reviews for Spice Quarter

Reviewed February 13, 2013

yesterday was my 2nd visit to spice quarter, and this was my second visits in the last one month with my girlfriend.. Superb service, superb food, and best indian food serve in whole cardiff, the food is always first class and always comes with a smile. the meals were really tasty and the staff were really friendly.the starter they sever are dilecious i had ordered samosas and prawn and the taste was very good. However, I also highly reccommend the chick tikka masala here which is one of the best curries I have ever had. My girlfriend is very fond of the jalfrezi here, chunky vegetables and just the right amount of spice.
Overalll, I would reccomend this restaurant to anyone who likes Indian food and wants to try indian food and with its city centre location it's the perfect restaurant for an evening out in Cardiff.try it

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Spice route was a fantastic experience for me, I am notoriously conventional in my food choices but the relaxed atmosphere with the fresh noodle bar and food from across asia made me dive in. Sushi to Mongolian pork Mmmmm. The desserts were less exciting but the all you can eat on the savoury left that a moot point. I cant wait for a reason to go back.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Walked into Spice Quarter on a busy Friday night with two friends. Fine menu and we only wanted mains, not rushed, which we explained to our server. After ordering and receiving them we munched on the poppadoms and dips. When asked did we wany our mains, we requested more time. Alas, our mains arrived, which we simply weren't ready for, the maitre pushed aside the poppadoms and served our meal. Not wanting to make a fuss we ate our meal, paid our bill, which included a 10 per cent service charge, We won't be back !

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nice selection of slightly unusual food, I had spinach and sweet corn, well cooked and nicely presented. The first floor location and large windows make the room unexpectedly bright too.

I first reviewed this restaurant in May 2012 and I liked it so much that I have been back most weeks since, sometimes more than once. In that time I have had all of the vegetarian dishes several times and all are good. The okra and kidney beans are probably my favourites, I always have two side dishes and a naan. The mango lassi is recommended too.