“Excellent !”
Review of Number 62

Number 62
Ranked #9 of 47 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Number 62 is in great location, approx 10 minutes walk from the city centre by road or along the river & through the park. You can also catch a bus just outside. The SWALEC Stadium is 5 minutes walk away. There are a handful of pubs close by, all serving food in the evening, and a good breakfast can be bought across the road at the Beverley Hotel for a very reasonable price. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and well furnished (including ceiling fans). We stayed in rooms at the back and found them to be very quiet. Alan & Liz are perfect hosts, always willing to help and provide advice if required. We felt like friends rather than guests and look forward to staying here again next time we visit Cardiff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Number 62 looks just like any house on the street so we drove past it a couple of times. There was plenty of street parking and its unmetered which is a plus. We we able to leave the car for the 2days we were in Cardiff because the b & b is perfectly situated to walk to all the main attractions or just into town for dinner. Alan and Liz were very welcoming hosts and provided lots of information on things to see and do, as well as recommending some excellent places for dinner. The room was beautifully presented, clean and comfortable. Just wish we could have stayed longer.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great location, walking distance to downtown/castle on the main road or through the beautiful park, and easy bus/cheap routes for when you're tired. When first arriving, note that there isn't a big sign advertising it as a B&B. It's just #62 Cathedral Road and it looks like any other house!

Alan was very friendly and helpful for all things Cardiff and surrounding areas.

The restaurants near by were good, but one day there was some kind of sports game happening and we couldn't get into any place to eat - they were all too busy. No worries, we're so close to downtown, we just hopped a bus to downtown and ate there instead.

We stayed during a heat wave...top floor room was hot. It had a fan and we ran it 24/7. Probably won't be another heat wave for another 20 years, but if there is...a 2nd fan is needed!

We had a great stay, would recommend it, and would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Alan and Liz were terrific! Alan was outside when I arrived, helped me get settled quickly and recommended a good spot for dinner across the street. They also saw me sitting alone and invited me to finish my drink with them. The location was perfect, I was able to walk everywhere. I will be returning to Number 62 most definitely!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our first time in Wales & we wanted to stay close to the Millennium Stadium & town centre as possible and found that No.62 was ideal. Liz and Alan were very kind & and helped us to settle in quickly. The rooms were well furnished & decorated in comforting pastel shades making for a relaxed atmosphere immediately, all the facilities were there & working perfectly. We enjoyed our stay there very much. My only whim was that breakfast was not served on site but at a Hotel which was immediately across the road. However this was a minor detail & not a problem for us. Many thanks for a nice stay Liz and Alan

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davemitch01
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This B&B has a great location and friendly staff, at affordable pricing. I stayed here for five nights and found it completely satisfactory: clean and comfortable, and a choice that is far superior to the many large chain hotels in Cardiff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed in this lovely B&B whilst visiting friends last weekend and felt I was welcome from the moment I arrived. The room had everything you would expect including extras, such as free shopping bags - there is a compulsory 5p charge for use of non-recyclable bags in the shops. The tea and coffee making facilities were outstanding and topped up generously. I didn't opt for breakfast at the local hotel, as it was only a short walk through the park to the city centre where there are plenty of cafés and restaurants to choose from. I think I was quite lucky in finding parking on the road when I first got there, but aside from that I can't find any fault with my stay and fully intend to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo