My sister, two cousins and I were visiting Cardiff for 4 nights, and I reserved two rooms at Ty Rosa the second week of September 2013. I was looking forward to the Cardiff experience and was bitterly disappointed when I arrived. The B&B was unattractive in appearance. The garden was a mess with plants dug up and there was a ladder leaning against the wall near the front door. There were also workmen seated in the front garden area. If this was the entrance I wondered what the interior was like. Inside, the round tables were covered with soiled cloths and there was clutter everywhere as well as a dank odour. It seemed as if they were in the midst of a remodel both inside and out. I don't understand why they had not told me that they would be closed for renovations. I would have found somewhere else to stay. One of my cousins suffers from allergies and the resident dog made her sneeze constantly. My suggestion: do not rent your rooms while you are doing a remodel. We had paid up front and lost our money because we could not stay there. We did not mind in the least. We could not possibly have stayed there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A gay owned boutique B&B that welcomes everyone to stay. Luxury styled rooms with all the facilities you would need inc mineral water and tea/coffee facilites. With free parking and free fibre optic wi-fi. TyRosa is only a short walking distance between the city centre and Cardiff Bay (bus stop just outside to city). We have an extensive breakfast menu fresh cooked to order, so we can cater for dietary adjustments like vegan/dairy/gluten/nut/soya free. You are also welcome to dine in with us and sample some Welsh dishes, all on a 24 hour pre-order as we get items in fresh to cook for you. We look forward to you coming to stay as guest and leave as a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Ty Rosa B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty Rosa Boutique Gay Hotel Cardiff
- Ty Rosa Boutique Gay Bed And Breakfast
- Ty Rosa B&B Cardiff, Wales