I booked here hoping for something a little different to the usual generic city stay and I was not disappointed. We were visiting the city to see Michael McIntyre at the MotorPoint Centre.
Hospitality at Ty Rosa is excellent. After a long car journey, I arrived desperate for the bathroom and as soon as the door opened, the kind host immediately pointed the bathroom and offered myself and and my travel buddy a cup of tea. You couldn't ask for more after being couped up in a car for an age. The excellent service continued with the host bringing out a map to guide us on how best to navigate the city. He was unbelievably kind and hospitable and made us genuinely look forward to breakfast in the morning.
You can book breakfast in advance or pay afterwards- we chose to do the latter. The breakfasts were hearty and delicious. We grazed on the generous spread of cereals, yoghurt and fruit before ordering from the menu. We literally didn't need to eat for the rest of the day we were so full up.
It's a well located place with buses direct to the city centre departing from a bus stop right outside the front door. The atmosphere at Ty Rosa is so relaxed and the hosts are so accommodating, you couldn't really ask for more. The rooms were well kept and clean with good bathroom facilities. They aren't the most spacious, but with the city so close and so much to explore there and the fact that you wouldn't feel uncomfortable chilling out in the lounge area downstairs if you wanted to spread out a bit, it doesn't take away from the experience at all.
I'd highly recommend a stay here. It's a shame we only got one night here but we will be back. Thank you Ty Rosa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A gay owned boutique B&B that welcomes everyone to stay. Luxury styled rooms with all the facilities you would need inc mineral water and tea/coffee facilites. With free parking and free fibre optic wi-fi. TyRosa is only a short walking distance between the city centre and Cardiff Bay (bus stop just outside to city). We have an extensive breakfast menu fresh cooked to order, so we can cater for dietary adjustments like vegan/dairy/gluten/nut/soya free. You are also welcome to dine in with us and sample some Welsh dishes, all on a 24 hour pre-order as we get items in fresh to cook for you. We look forward to you coming to stay as guest and leave as a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Ty Rosa B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty Rosa Boutique Gay Hotel Cardiff
- Ty Rosa Boutique Gay Bed And Breakfast
- Ty Rosa B&B Cardiff, Wales