Nomad
$116
$101
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$73
$68
$96
Travelocity
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$91
$83
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$71
$58
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$71
$66
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$88
$81
$89
$75
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$82
$79
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfasthour receptionmixed dormtv loungecereal and toastwalk into townthe wi fitea and coffeecouple of nightschecking incastlestadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

after staying for 4 days at the hostel, overall I'm pretty impressed. a lot of the other reviews were crappy, which was putting me off going completely, but now it's definitely been worth it. the room was spacious as I was staying with two other girls, and there was plenty of room under the bed and in the draws. it was a decent walking distance to the city centre and to all the other places I wanted to go and to see, and to be honest, if I came to Cardiff again, Nomad Hostel would be a great choice again. bravo!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank terrijohnson1864
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

So literally just got back from staying in Cardiff for the weekend. The hostel itself isn't great but not horrific. Bed uncomfortable but if your out drinking then it doesn't matter. There was 6 of us girls staying here and I would return only if the security guy was sacked. He was rude and aggressive and threatened to chuck is out on the street for whispering in our rooms. He got really angry with us and demanded we opened our door and squared up to one of my friends. He needs to be fired for his behaviour. Not nice to feel threatened. So all in all we won't be back and I will tell as many people as I can not to stay there as long as he works there, totally uncalled for. None of us girls deserved that as we weren't even loud at all!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The first impression you get of a place is always crucial and the one I had here was not pleasant at all. I felt like I was entering a prison (although prisons usually have a better choice of colours and decoration).

After an ice-cold welcoming, I was asked to hand out my I.D. or give a 10 pounds deposit (like someone would like to keep the key to one of these rooms more than necessary). Then despite an uninspired description to where the room was I was finally able to get there. It was a 6 bed dorm where there was no space for even one suitcase. I had one of the upper bunk beds, which meant that I couldn't even breathe without waking up the whole floor. I have never seen such a noisy and uncomfortable bed! Now I didn't just feel like a prisoner but also like a fakir.
Next morning after my torture, I mean my sleep, it was time for more unpleasant surprises.
In a crowded and dirty kitchen I found some mouldy bread, a few jars of what I think one day long time ago was jam and instant coffee. I decided to have a sit and enjoy this ambrosia in a room which again made me feel like I was in a North Korean jail.

Luckily the check-out is the earliest you can possibly find (10 am) so I didn't have to spend one extra minute inside this hole.

Room Tip: don't go.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

So, where should I start to complain. The staff is mostly lackadaisical and wishes that they as well as you are somewhere else right now. At least they are helpful when you ask.

Apart from the Private Twin Room (where there was a carpet), the floors were sticky and dirty. The beds move and squeal with every breath you take or rather with every scream you make, since the beds' springs slowly but surely intrude into your back.

The heaters are effective but did not work in every room (at least you could obtain one when you asked for it). Especially ridiculous has been that officially there were no drinks and food allowed in the rooms. I would have understood smelly food and alcohol, but not even water and dry bread?

The bathrooms were not actually disgusting, but it came very close. The toilet flushes only worked when they wanted to (yes, that can be disgusting when many people are using it) and the showers are not really inviting. At least you can save the Nomad some water as you want to be out there as soon as possible. And in all the bathrooms' sinks you can either choose between boiling hot water or no water at all.

The "breakfast": Horrible. Just toast with jam and cornflakes, coffee and tea. And because of the constant in and out of knives into the butter, the orange jam, back into the butter, into the strawberry jam, back in the butter and everything all over again, at the end all the jam jars look rather dirty. And the best of it all: Once we were presented with a bag of toasts which had already been one day over the "best before" date.

I am sure there were more terrible things about the Nomad, but right now I just can't remember... But hey, at least the location is great. Anyway, I hope I never have to go there again. Ugh!

Room Tip: Twin Private
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends. The hostel is in a good location for the city centre. The room was clean and basic - not ensuite. Beds were comfortable.

There is parking outside which you need to pay for however w e didnt have any problems finding a space.

1  Thank Cdr_80