“Great value, nice location”
Review of Church Guest House

and 1 more site!
Church Guest House
Ranked #4 of 45 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I spent a few nights over Boxing day in Cardiff. I was very happy with this Guest House. It was great value, very clean and was just what I was looking for. The location was excellent- nice neighborhood and only a short walk to the city centre. The manager was very helpful, and the complementary continental breakfast was nice. I would highly recommend this place if you're travelling to Cardiff.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Church Guest House

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the church guest house over Christmas with my family, I have to say that the service from Andrew which is the manager was acceptional. The breakfast was great an freshly cooked. I think I have had one of the best nights sleep in a long time, the bed was very comfy with fresh white linen. I had a few problems with the wifi but I informed Andrew and he sorted it out straight away. The hotel was very clean and nothing was too much trouble. All in all my family and I had a great stay! Merry Christmas and a happy new year, see you soon!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 27, 2012

It may seem churlish for me to be giving this a rating of only three stars, as many aspects of this B&B were fine- great location and really excellent service from Andrew. But the basis of my choice was that this b&b advertised free wifi in every room- and this simply isn't the case. The wifi coverage in my room was intermittent, and when I did get reception, was poor- not good enough to Skype, which is what I needed it for.
Also, one of the most uncomfortably mattresses I've ever slept on.
So those two things together are the reason for an 'average' rating. If you're not a fussy sleeper, and are looking for a cheap place in a good location walking distance from Cardiff central- and with a very friendly and amenable manager- then I would recommend Church Guest House. If you want good wifi, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stylish comfortable room,modern bathroom, good shower, lovely warm welcome, nice breakfast (bif teapot, very important! :) it's very convenient for city centre and Chapter Arts Centre. Thank you for a lovely stay, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Due to relocating to Cardiff for work I stayed at Cathedral Guesthouse for four weeks whilst looking for somewhere to live. I was staying in the budget room (relocating is expensive!) but it was perfect for my needs with bathroom, tv, wifi and tea/coffee replenished daily. The shower was always hot, the room was really clean being maintained every day. The staff were always very friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble. They were also very accommodating when I needed to extend my stay. In terms of location it’s perfect for either business or pleasure being a ten minute walk to the castle/stadium/town centre and surrounded by Pontcanna’s nice restaurants. Cardiff’s a great city – come visit!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Two early thirties girlies went off to Cardiff for the weekend for some shopping, nice food and a few drinkies.........and the accomodation was the icing on the cake. From the booking stage - i requested a double but as there werent any free we got a free upgrade to a King, as we were travelling up Andrew rang to see how we were getting on and to see what kind of time we were due to arrive. On arrival he carried our bags up to our room, chilled our wine in the fridge for later on and was at our disposal whenever we needed anything. Nothing was too much trouble at all. He was just the perfect host, not minding us coming down to brekkie in pj's or taking toast upstairs when it was too much to go down for brekkie!!! Although he did take the mickey!
Overall a perfect place to stay, great hosts, gorgeous tree lined victorian street with free street parking at all times, a beautiful ten minute walk to Cardiff castle/Millenium Stadium through Bute Park (i think it was called) and just a couple more minutes into the town. We could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My partner and I stayed for a night here, and can honestly say it was the best experience of any hotel I've been in. The room was much bigger than the price had led me to believe (clean of course). It's a good location too - a short walk to the city center, free parking, but not on too busy a road - our room was right on the front, but we were undisturbed the whole night. The manager is also one of the friendliest people I have ever known in the service industry, and clearly really enjoys his job.
Cooked breakfast was lovely, and a bargain compared to most hotels I've stayed in. One complaint I've seen here is that the shower is rather weak. having lived in Cardiff for a few years, I can tell you theirs is better than most - the water pressure is awfully low in south Wales, and I doubt you'd find any better at another hotel there. I thoroughly recommend this hotel, and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2012