Riverside Bed and Breakfast
$108
$127
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$137
$108
Hotels.com
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$158
$144
$138
  • Pool
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$48
$45
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$116
$93
$135
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsb bparking permitshared bathroomfriendly hostsgreat locationbeautiful bathroomtwin bedded roomcardiff castlecity centrestayed heremillennium stadiumcomfy roomtea and coffeerooms were spotlessnice breakfasta great place to stayguest house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2011

2 friends and I stayed here on recently, and I have to say that it is a great place to stay. Close enough to the centre to walk in, and on the door step on the millenium stadium, has parking, is clean, tidy, and the rooms are very spacious.

Irena is an excellent hostess and takes care of people staying at her B&B, the breakfast is top rate and the service is great.

I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2010

The house is in a quiet location but very close to the city centre, only 5-10 minutes' walk to the castle, the museums and the old centre. We booked the en suite room at the back of the house, and were very pleased with the room - it was quiet, beautifully furnished and had a lovely modern bathroom (though it was a bit difficult to fill the kettle from the basin tap!). Coffee and tea supplied, and it was really nice to have a little jar of coffee rather than sachets.
The breakfast room is also beautifully restored and furnished (as was every part of the house we saw), and the cooked breakfast was delicious (and generous!).
Irena is charming, helpful and informative, and made us feel very much at home. Riverside will be our first choice if we return to Cardiff, which we definitely hope to do as it's such a fantastic city.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LizD02
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I had booked the Riverside B&B for one night 9 June 2010 for myself and my 12 year old daughter. I had corresponded back and forth several times by email. The owner (?) had requested that I confirm a week ahead of time, which I did. I did not receive any response from my confirmation email, but I wasn't really asking a question so didn't think much about it. I had given our expected arrival time. Unfortunately , our first train from London was cancelled. We got on the next train 30 min later, and then that one was delayed for 20 min waiting for train crew, so we arrived about 50 min later than we had expected. We arrived by taxi, and rang the bell, but no one answered. We rang and knocked several times with no answer, so I called on my cell, and no one answered, and there did not appear to be voice mail or an answering machine, as it just rang. We could hear it ringing inside from where we were sitting on the doorstep, so I know I was calling the right number. We sat on the doorstep for 45-50 min ringing, knocking, and phoning and got no response. Since we only had 2 half days in Cardiff, and I didn't want to spend the first half day sitting on a doorstep with no idea when or if someone would come to let us in, I gave up and walked across the bridge to the Holiday Inn where there were rooms available and someone to let us into them. I sent an email to the Riverside letting them know what happened, and have not gotten a response from that email. This experience would make me reluctant to book with them again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank btgm
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Beautiful house, clean and BIG rooms, delicious breakfast, hot and good shower, great hospitality from the hosts - very impressed.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kwoong
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Had to just add my thoughts about the Riverside, seeing what other reviewers had put. I can't agree more; it is a super place to stay. The rooms are beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and the breakfast is freshly cooked and makes a great start to your day. I have actually stayed there twice, on both occasions with my teenage son. We went down to Cardiff one Christmas to see the pantomime and I liked the city so much we went back the following year around Easter. It's only about a ten minute walk from Riverside to Cardiff Castle and you can easily get to the bay area, either by train or get a taxi down there. Loved the bay area, great places to eat and it's lovely at night when the lights all come on. I'll admit to being a huge Torchwood fan which is why we went, we saw the Dr Who exhibition too while we were there and that was a little expensive but worth seeing.

• Stayed: December 2007