“Wonderful place to stay”

Riverside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 46 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Wolverhampton
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

Had to just add my thoughts about the Riverside, seeing what other reviewers had put. I can't agree more; it is a super place to stay. The rooms are beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and the breakfast is freshly cooked and makes a great start to your day. I have actually stayed there twice, on both occasions with my teenage son. We went down to Cardiff one Christmas to see the pantomime and I liked the city so much we went back the following year around Easter. It's only about a ten minute walk from Riverside to Cardiff Castle and you can easily get to the bay area, either by train or get a taxi down there. Loved the bay area, great places to eat and it's lovely at night when the lights all come on. I'll admit to being a huge Torchwood fan which is why we went, we saw the Dr Who exhibition too while we were there and that was a little expensive but worth seeing.

• Stayed December 2007
1 Thank LindseyWolverhampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Turku, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2008

The B&B has an excellent location, overlooking the river and just across from Cardiff Castle and Millennium Stadium and just a short walk from all the shops.

We had a twin room on the top floor with a shared bathroom. The room was cozy and very clean. The bathroom has recently been renovated and was always clean.

The breakfast was tasty and generous, a good start to the day! The hosts were also very friendly and helpful.

The only downside, was that the walls are quite thin, so you will hear some noise when the other guests are coming and going. Also, as the B&B is in a typical terraced house, be prepared to carry your luggage in the steep and narrow stairs!

I warmly recommend this lovely B&B!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Jalokivi
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

I drove to Cardiff without having a place to stay. i was lucky to have found this gem on my way from the Cardiff Castle to the Train Station (where I parked my car). I rang the bell and just asked if there was a room free. Luckily there was only 1 room left!

i stayed on the top floor that had 2 twin beds. The bathroom was shared with 2 other rooms (which I expect out of a B&B so this was not a problem or a suprise for me). I paid 50 GBP. The owner only takes cash.

The breakfast was at a big round table with the other guest. If you like to socialize in the AM, this is ideal. i personally like to eat in quite and am not a talker in the AM, so I did not like this. The food was good - hot english breakfast made to order, cereal, yogurt, and juice at the table.

The location is excellent. 1 block from Cardiff Castle, 2-3 blocks from the Train station, and 3-4 blocks from the shopping area.

Can't ask for me - clean rooms, great location, and reasonable price.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast in the AM was at a big round table with the other guest
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank JOS1898
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

The Riverside B&B could not have been nicer. The rooms were large for a B&B, spotlessly clean and the breakfast was a winner! I was able to book the accommodation online and the owner did not require any deposit beforehand. She does only accept cash, however, no credit cards. The rate for our double bedroom en suite was 60 GBP including breakfast. The room with twin beds and shared bath was 50 GBP. On street parking was available. The location was perfect - right across the river from the castle and the stadium and just a 5 minute walk to all the shops and restaurants. The husband and wife owners were very accommodating and helpful. The only negative was that the three rooms that share a bath are all on the top floor and the other guests were noisy coming in late, but the double room en suite on the second floor was very quiet. I would definitely stay here again if we ever go back to Cardiff and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an option to the pricey hotels in the area.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Inconsiderate guests
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank packedlite
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2007

The Riverside Bed and Breakfast, including the lovely host Irina, made my weekend when I was in Cardiff for 2 nights in late Feb 2007. We found her number from her website and no deposit was required.

We stayed in a twin room which included two chest of drawers, two small sofa chairs, tea/coffee facilities, fluffy towels and a nice view. The extra final touches, such as matching duvet covers, created a warm environment.

The bathroom, which was separate to our room, must have also been recently renovated, with great water pressure.

The hot breakfast was great and made to order. As well as cereal and juice, the hot breakfast was quite generous.

There was also a terrace and a sitting room, which we didn’t use, but looked inviting and well-kept.

The location is ideal!! We overlooked the river, directly across from the Millennium Centre, and were 7 minutes walk into the main shopping area. We enjoyed a comedy night at St. David’s Hall (comfortable seats with good views from all chairs) and drove to the National Museum Wales at St. Fagans. Both were well worth a visit!

I will certainly return to the Riverside Bed and Breakfast when I’m next in Cardiff!

Stayed February 2007