“Beware”

Riverside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 47 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have never stayed at this establishment but I would like to let you know about the proprietors underhand tactics.

I rang the Riverside B&B to book a one night stay on the 30 of November whilst watching the rugby at the Millennium Stadium. I was informed by the owner that the room cost £65.00 per night but would only accept two nights stay because of the rugby. I decided to leave it and discuss it with my daughter. A couple of hours later after talking it over with my daughter we decided to book a two night stay. This was carried out via the Riverside B&B website, but upon booking this the price was £61.00 per night. I duly paid a deposit and received an email confirming this. Out of pure courtesy I phoned the Riverside to tell the proprietor that I have made a booking but the price should be £65.00 per night. I was informed that my booking had been declined because the price was now £85.00 per night.

I have stayed in numerous B&Bs around the world but this is the first time I have ever come across this type of profiteering and underhand tactics. Having your cake and eating it comes to mind. Shame on you.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
14  Thank joncko

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Sadly we only had one night in Cardiff. We felt like we were part of the family as soon as we walked in thanks to these wonderful hosts! The location is perfect! walking to Cardiff Castle and to the river bus to Cardiff Bay. Comfortable rooms, lovely breakfast and more. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank NixPixs
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was our first trip to Wales and we were pleased with the location of this BnB. It is within walking distance of most everything you could want. Our hosts were both very friendly and welcoming, giving us suggestions for places to see and dine in the area. The accommodations were comfortable and clean. The only negative was that we had to share a bathroom with other guests. But that was my fault for not checking in advance about an in-room bathroom. The breakfast was outstanding! The dining room was lovely and we enjoyed visiting with other guests while we ate. If it wasn't for the shared bathroom I would say this was the nicest BnB we stayed in while in Wales.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bobbie E
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and were really happy with our decision! We felt welcome from the first moment on and had a beautiful room with ensuite bathroom on the first floor (all neatly decorated and tastefully combined). Breakfast was perfect and both being vegetarians was not a problem. Irena, the owner, was really friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our three nights very much!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Meike J
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed for the England v south Korea Olympic football. The owner had a cancellation for a room with double bed. I was going with my brother on law so asked if we could have 2 single covers on the bed. We got there both parked right outside. Had 2 single covers in the room and a wonderful hangover full English in the morning. I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank stuartglasgow9
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Unfortunately we only spent two nights in this cute little B&B. It was great. Lovely carrier, awesome entrance hall and breakfast room, beautiful rooms. Had a very good sleep and delicious breakfast. We got useful tips for a city walk for which this B&B is perfectly located.
Excellent value for money. Highly recommendable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank meyerbeerlover
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked this bed and breakfast for one night whilst I was attending a conference. I arrived slightly early [I had said around 4pm but arrived more 2.45pm] and the proprietor seemed almost annoyed that I had, despite the fact it was raining hard outside and I was laden with bags and therefore could not really wait outside or elsewhere until 4pm to avoid being an inconvenience. The room I was escorted to was at the top of the house. It was in its favour, clean and warm [and I was allowed to use an iron to iron my clothes] but the furnishings were tired, the bed limp and I had to share a bathroom and shower. In addition I was charged £40 for a single room, which is £5 over the published rate, and because I had to get up early and explained that I was not a big cooked breakfast person [more a coffee and fruit person] did not have breakfast. The proprietor actually pointed to the tea tray [no biscuits] and said you can make yourself a coffee. I loved Cardiff though and will visit for pleasure purposes again very soon however I would probably not stay at Riverside again....

Room Tip: upstairs is quiet but you have to share a bathroom which may be inconvenient