“Great location”

Ranked #18 of 45 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We booked last minute to go to Cardiff and found the Beaufort quite by chance through TripAdvisor. We saw the great rating and decided to go with it. From booking we were impressed, not many hotels, let alone guest houses, have Super kingsize beds. A definite seller for us!!! The owner called us on the morning and sorted out arrival and parking. When we arrived he let us into the secure parking at the rear of the guest house and showed us to our room. The room had a super kingsize bed and was nicely furnished. The guest house was only ten minute walk from the castle which was perfect as we didn't want to be using our car all weekend. Breakfast the following morning was also very good. This is somewhere we would definately stay again and we would certainly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Room 2 - super kingsize bed!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ejcthompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I really like our stay: a great value! Some minor inconveniences you'd expect in B&B, like no elevator. However nice bed and drawer space. Some great pubs in area like The Cricketer and others. Convent to central Cardiff and walking distance to rail station. Highly recommend.

Stayed October 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Free Wi-Fi and the BEST breakfast in UK are only two of the many reasons my husband and I will stay here again on our next trip to Cardiff. The location couldn't be better. Our room was quiet and cozy. The shower pressure was strong, just like home. The hosts, Jeff and Paul, are very knowledgeable and anticipate every possible need or question. Each of our excursions was much improved through following their suggestions. My fresh fruit salad each morning was a work of art and made to order. The traditional Welsh breakfast (egg, sausage, bacon, mushrooms and grilled tomatoes) sustained us all day. I enjoy herbal tea and was surprised at the many different kinds from which to choose. The decor of the breakfast room and conservatory is pure Victorian and quite beautiful. I felt that I stepped onto a film set each morning and still smile when I think about the extreme care offered to each guest at this wonderful B&B in Cardiff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Last time I went to Cardiff I stayed in the Travelodge in Queen Street, which was a very unpleasant experience all round. This time I opted to stay slightly further out to avoid the noise of the pubs and clubs; and to take advantage of the free parking.
The Beaufort is the complete opposite of the Travelodge. It is a beautifully maintained Victorian house in a long road of similar properties, many of which are B&Bs. It's not my style, but I can appreciate a job well done.
Jeff, the owner, has a quiet, pleasant, yet unobtrusive manner.
I stayed in Room 3, a small double which was perfect for one, but would be very cosy for two! The bed was comfy and I enjoyed a good night's sleep until I was woken up at 7am by noise from the next room, which sounded like someone wrestling with a door handle - several times!
The shower could do with updating. The water pressure was good, but the temperature was temperamental - alternating between freezing and boiling until it settled down to lukewarm.
Breakfast was superb. I opted for fresh fruit salad, followed by a full English (or should that be Welsh). Either way, it was first class and kept me going all day!
The Beaufort is a good quality, but slightly dated B&B. Cardiff is very busy this week as parents are taking their kids to university and many of them seem to be staying overnight. I assume this is the reason for the shortage of rooms and high prices. Tripadvisor quoted £80 per night for this room, which I think was pricey. I found it on Laterooms for £60, which was ok, but £50 would have been about right. That said, I would return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Motherofthree78
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

What a delightful Guest House. Convenient location with regular buses to town if you don't fancy the 15 minute walk through the beautiful Bute Gardens. Clean and well maintained rooms with tea, coffee and biscuits in them. Great breakfast selection from fresh cooked full breakfast, tea, coffee, juice, fresh fruit salad or cereal. Extremely generous and every taste catered for. If that's not enough for you, just ask Geoff or Paul, nothing's too much trouble for these delightful hosts.
Great local pubs with good food on the doorstep and a few blocks up the street you'll find a coin op laundry, corner store, coffee shops and restaurants. Next time I'm in Cardiff I know where I'lk be staying!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Crissie H
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Lovely hotel, close to Cardiff centre and nice walk through the park. The onsite secure parking is great and the hosts were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and freshly cooked. We had a triple room which was great value. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Johanson-Brown
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I spent a night at Beaufort Guest House. The location is great and the free onsite parking is an added bonus. The rooms are clean and well kept. The breakfast is great! Paul even phoned me on the day of arrival to confirm what time I will be checking in!

• Stayed August 2013