“Very comfortable, Fantastic breakfast,” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beaufort Guest House

Beaufort Guest House
Ranked #14 of 45 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable, Fantastic breakfast,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed for one night, but had to review to comment on the excellent breakfast.

We stayed in a room for 3 adults, which although small (up in the attic) was nice and comfortable and clean. Had a surprise when we went down for our breakfast, the dinning room was traditionally decorated in the victorian style of the house, we ate on a lovely large table with full size candlarbres as centre decoration. The actual breakfast was not only freshly cooked but the food was of the best quality. Just across the road from the national sports centre Sofia Gardens and very close to the city centre, will definatly return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Redruth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Situated only a short bus ride from the city centre, the Beaufort is a very convenient place to stay. The bus stops are within a very short distance and there are a couple of pubs just a few doors away that do excellent meals at very reasonable prices.
The Beaufort itself is very tastefully furnished and obviously, a considerable amount of thought, time and money has gone into creating a dining room which is really special.
Breakfast was excellent with all quality locally sourced food being cooked to perfection.
Mine hosts were always willing to help in any way that they could and saved us a lot of time by checking information on the computer and providing maps as well as a wealth of local information.
The rooms were very clean and well appointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very conveniently located for the town centre & university. Secure, off road parking a bonus. Full of character, spotlessly clean & very comfortable. Our room was located at the rear of the property & very quiet, so enjoyed an uninterrupted sleep. Excellent breakfast, freshly cooked, set us up for the day. Hosts helpfully supplied a map & local information. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Elon, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

On the whole, our stay at the Beaufort Guest House is something we have treasured. It was our first trip to Wales, and our first stay in a UK-style Guest House. We enjoyed the location, the food, and our host.

Our host was largely on his own during our particular weekend (through no fault of his own) and one would have never known it by the excellence of the service. The food was always ready on time and nicely cooked, our host was always calm and pleasant, and the guest house always looked as though it was perfectly neat and comfortable. What a lovely place.

The food: wow. It was our first try at Welsh food and we loved it. I still think wistfully about those breakfasts! The coffee was lovely (yes, a Yankee thing, I know - but it was fresh and tasty), the meats and breads were fresh and flavorful. We loved the juices and eggs. Very nice.

The dining room is a real treat. It seems almost like what it would be like to live in a home in old times - with good service. I was exhausted the first day we were there - and the dining room and our guest room were a sanctuary while we slept a jillion hours to catch up to ourselves.

We were late and our host was gracious (yes, we're always late - but we have a blast!). The parking is nice with a closed gated area.

The location is superb. We wandered Cardiff several times while we were there, and it was always awesome to come back to the Beaufort to crash for a well-deserved siesta nap. We spent lots of time downtown and at the castle - with the knowledge that "home" was right down the street.

Room Tip: We liked the upstairs room... Although there wasn't a lot of foot traffic in the house, we were...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Denbigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were thrilled, first of all, how well situated this is for reaching the centre of Cardiff without need for transport. Our car stayed in the secure (free) parking for most of our stay. There are excellent eating establishments within a short walk. The owner met us outside the property when we arrived and helped carry our case to our room. His reception was warm, personal, and helpful. The Victorian decor is very appropriate to the building and our room was cosy, clean and spacious. An electric kettle in the room with copious amounts of tea and coffee puts many more expensive hotels to shame, as does the provision of free wifi throughout the guest house. The breakfasts are great, whichever options you choose for. The friendliness and personal attention of the lady who serves at breakfast is a real credit to the establishment. All in all, you cannot be but very satisfied if you stay here. We would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cantrillo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here while in Cardiff for an Olympic football match. I loved it! The single room was nice sized, the bed comfy, and the owners are incredibly friendly. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but when I went down on my last day, I wished I was! The inside and outside breakfast areas are just lovely! Had coffee and nice conversation with some other guests. I would definitely book again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Tullamore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed in this magnificent Victorian guest house for one night on the 15th September 2012. Greeted at the door by a very gentle gentleman called 'Paul'. He had a lovely gentleness and pleasant smile to greet me on my (late) arrival. I was taken to my beautiful en suite bedroom which was very tastefully decorated and to a very high standard. Had everything I needed. The car parking facilities was a pleasant surprise as I had laptops, mobile phones,sat nav etc as my son was about to start university and was moving in that weekend. The owner gave me a key to access the car park at the rear where the car was totally safe. The dining room was exquisite and certainly the best I had ever stayed in. Breakfast a delightful experience and again excellent. All in all excellent value for money. Wish I had stayed longer. But I'll be back and this time to see Cardiff and enjoy the surrounds. The only negative things I can think of is that check -out at 10.30 a.m on a Sunday morning was a little too early for me as my flight wasn't until 20.45. I was tired after all the coming and going with my son and would have liked a little longer in the bed. Also the handle on the toilet kept falling off. That said, everything else more than made up for it.

Room Tip: There is a smallish hotel nearby - to the left. As it was a lovely evening people were outside drink...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business