“Katy Perry has showered here”

and 1 more site!
The Avala Guest House
Ranked #27 of 45 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here this weekend with the lads, great hotel to be fair, loads of space in the room for activities, clean aswell. 15 minutes stride from the town centre and they gave us toilet roll on the second day cause we used it all, brilliant! Only downside was the shower, it's hot then it's cold, you're in then you're out. 5 minutes shower will take you 20 minutes unless you're a proper man and you power through it. Would stay here again any day though.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for The Avala Guest House

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I found the Avala Guest House to be great value for money. The rooms are basic in both facilities and design but extremely clean and comfortable. Ideal for our weekend stay. Also, the proprietor on seeing that I was heavily pregnant immediately offered me an alternative room as the one we'd booked was up several flights of stairs. I would definitely recommend this guest house to people who's agenda involves spending limited time in their accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Lovely bright and clean room over looking the street. Most comfortable beds I have slept in for a long time. Avala Guest House has a bus at the door but it only takes about 20 minutes to walk in to the centre of Cardiff. Lovely breakfast. Would certainly recommend this Guest House.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kerr78
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have this week spent one night at this B&B and I found it very comfortable and homely. I was greeted by a friendly and helpful member of staff who gave me all the info I needed. My first impression of the place was very positive--light and airy with very tasteful decor.
My room was very comfortable and adequate, comfortable bed, room very clean and very adequate en-suite.I was a little nervous at first about the noise factor as the room was at the front of the house overlooking very busy Newport Road, but I found thta this was not a problem and I slept like a log.
My only slight grouses were that the bin had not been emptied, the shelf in the bathroom over the washbasin was very low, thus making washing and teeth cleaning difficult and there was no chair in the room which would have been a great help.,but I have to weigh this up against the price I paid.
The location is excellent. There is a bus stop almost outside if required and shos very close.
I will certainly come back here as I really enjoyed my mini=stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank shenny4648
Reviewed April 3, 2012

First time in Cardiff and it was brilliant! Great rooms, really clean and good spaces! The owner was great, really friendly and helpful! Its in a great location as it is only 5-10mins from the Town centre and Bay. I know where I will be staying and recommending for When I am next in Cardiff! Briiliant :).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aarti K
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at the Avala for a weekend whilst working in Cardiff. The Rugby 6 Nations match was on so booking a hotel in Cardiff was either difficult or expensive.

Having scoped out the very expensive usual suspects (I normally stay at Premier Inn) I found the Avala via a search engine, the website looked good and the rooms looked comfy. I wasn't disappointed, my single room was compact but enough for one person, had everything I needed and was warm and comfortable (once i'd turned the radiator up).

I didn't sample the breakfast as I had to be out before it was served but think it's a reasonable price for a continental.

If I head back to Cardiff work or pleasure the Avala will be my first port of call for accomodation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Morgan W
Reviewed August 15, 2011

stayed in number 10 room the guest house was very clean, good location, at times in that room could hear the people upstairs and also people going past for their breakfast but the beds were was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept on

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends