The Avala Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$119
$108
$138
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$158
$144
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$103
$127
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
  • Room Service
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$137
$114
Radisson Blu
  • Restaurant
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$104
$89
Agoda.com
$135
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$48
$43
All reviewsnewport roadbus stop righttown centreclean accommodationoff street parkingtop floorbed roomplace to sleepwould stay againcomfortable bedsslept really wellhen weekendfree car parkingstayed nightstea and coffee facilitiesfree wifimin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have this week spent one night at this B&B and I found it very comfortable and homely. I was greeted by a friendly and helpful member of staff who gave me all the info I needed. My first impression of the place was very positive--light and airy with very tasteful decor.
My room was very comfortable and adequate, comfortable bed, room very clean and very adequate en-suite.I was a little nervous at first about the noise factor as the room was at the front of the house overlooking very busy Newport Road, but I found thta this was not a problem and I slept like a log.
My only slight grouses were that the bin had not been emptied, the shelf in the bathroom over the washbasin was very low, thus making washing and teeth cleaning difficult and there was no chair in the room which would have been a great help.,but I have to weigh this up against the price I paid.
The location is excellent. There is a bus stop almost outside if required and shos very close.
I will certainly come back here as I really enjoyed my mini=stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank shenny4648
Reviewed April 3, 2012

First time in Cardiff and it was brilliant! Great rooms, really clean and good spaces! The owner was great, really friendly and helpful! Its in a great location as it is only 5-10mins from the Town centre and Bay. I know where I will be staying and recommending for When I am next in Cardiff! Briiliant :).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aarti K
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at the Avala for a weekend whilst working in Cardiff. The Rugby 6 Nations match was on so booking a hotel in Cardiff was either difficult or expensive.

Having scoped out the very expensive usual suspects (I normally stay at Premier Inn) I found the Avala via a search engine, the website looked good and the rooms looked comfy. I wasn't disappointed, my single room was compact but enough for one person, had everything I needed and was warm and comfortable (once i'd turned the radiator up).

I didn't sample the breakfast as I had to be out before it was served but think it's a reasonable price for a continental.

If I head back to Cardiff work or pleasure the Avala will be my first port of call for accomodation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Morgan W
Reviewed August 15, 2011

stayed in number 10 room the guest house was very clean, good location, at times in that room could hear the people upstairs and also people going past for their breakfast but the beds were was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept on

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2011

stayed here on a girls weekend recently, we found the beds to be comfy and the staff helpful. we had good qulity tvs, nice refreshments and even a microwave in our 'louge' room. we had the top floor rooms which was more like having our own cosy appartment. the hotel seemed quiet although there were many other residents, so you wont get disterbed by other residents in the night. good value for money. all in all a good hotel, would stay again : )

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends