“Not bad at all”
Review of Soda

Soda
Ranked #27 of 77 Nightlife in Cardiff
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stopped by for a coffee and hubby a beer, great service and coffee wasn't bad either. Nice size place to meet with friends about £7 for the two drinks, which isn't bad for Cardiff. Worth visiting as Mill Lane is the best place to be in Cardiff when meeting up with friends and sitting out in the sun. A decent size outside area, which has cover if it decides to rain.

1  Thank JuHaHe66

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Been to the Soda bar a few times in the afternoons with girlfriends. No complaints. So, on seeing that they've started advertising a Cocktail Masterclass I thought this would be a perfect Hen experience for a friend who is getting married soon. Sounded like it could be fun. But trying to make a booking has proved IMpossible. Despite calling into the bar twice over a 2 week period to make enquiries, filling in their online enquiry form for it AND emailing them about it: No-one has called me back 2 weeks down the line. The 1st time I called in to make an enquiry 1 of their waitresses took my details and noted them down in the diary along with the date I wanted. She told me that it was a relatively new thing they were doing and so they were seeing how much interest it generated. She told me that the Manager would be in later that day, that she would pass my details on and he would call me with more information as he knew more about it. So, you would think that as someone had shown 'interest' that they would be keen to make a booking wouldn't you? Wrong. No-one rang me that day. Or that week. So I called in AGAIN to the bar a week later. Saw a different waitress, explained that I'd left my details about the cocktail masterclass, but no-one had called me. She asked me for my details (sigh) and told me that the Manager would ring me later that same day (double sigh) Told her (more slowly this time so she might actually understand) that I had ALREADY left my details with them and that they had been noted in the diary. She re-iterated in a bored voice that the Manager would call me later that day. Guess what? Yup, no-one rang! So I filled in the online enquiry form and emailed them thinking this might get noticed. Nope. Still zero response off the so called Manager who, it seems, can't manage his way out of a paper bag when it comes to dealing with/responding to customer enquiries. So: So long incompetent Soda bar. I'm going to exercise the same atttitude as you and your Manager i.e.Can't Be Flipping Bothered. We'll take our custom and our dosh elsewhere.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

i came here with a friend a few days ago and upon the end of the night and all people being escorted out a doorman started chanting 'you little p*ick at my friend for no reason, after hearing this a few times my friend said a comment back, even though we were on the last few steps down to the exit and were leaving anyways the bouncer decided to throw my friend down the stairs and out onto the pavement outside. He was then restrained for no reason whatsoever by many bar staff and eventually thrown out on to a busy road. He was later held down by many bar staff and one of them proceeded to kneel over him and punch him repeatedly in the face. He also had his feet stamped on and his hands bent back. I was also pushed into a wall by one of the bar staff even though i am a 23 year old girl. The police were called and very conveniently the staff made sure they were not in view for the cctv however my friend is going to press charges.

Something needs to be done about these bar staff, i have been to soda many times and have witnessed things that should not be going on a few times, many of the other reviews also speak volumes. I hope these thugs lose their jobs or the manager of Soda decides to get a of pride in his business and hire people to do their jobs properly and not use their position to beat up innocent people.

3  Thank amelia_mills
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I went to soda bar for a friends birthday last weekend and had an amazing night! We put our names on the guest list via facebook which was easy enough and meant we got in for free before 10pm. We started off by having cocktails in the soda lounge, delicious and resonable in price then we moved upstairs to soda bar, for the nightclub. Really nice layout of venue, has a boutique feel which I love - nothing worse than being stuck in a huge 'super club'! Made my way to the smoking area which is a nice decked terrace which also has shelter for the rain which was is a bonus! Highly recommended - I'm not a fan of 'chain' clubs so it was really nice to go somewhere independantly run.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Best place to go on a night out in Cardiff. Staff are always warm and courteous and it's a great venue which includes a bar, restaurant and nightclub. Open terrace is also really nice in the summer! What I really like about Soda is they are always upgrading so it never feels tired. A perfect night for me is a few drinks in the Soda Bar, followed by a meal in Le Monde and then a night in The Attic area of Soda, where there is always a celebrity or two!

2  Thank MissCardiff2011