“Cardiff visit”
Review of Churchills Hotel

Churchills Hotel
Ranked #47 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Had a lovely few days at the Churchill, staff were very helpful,good car parking facilities which made it easy for us to get a taxi into the city centre. Just a few minutes drive but more convenient than trying to get parked in the city.We enjoyed the breakfasts very much and found the ambience of the hotel very much to our liking. It was very comfortable ane we will be happy to use the hotel again when we are next in the Cardiff area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Craig S, Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Thank you ever so much for your review. Myself and the team are delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay here at Churchills & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Staff are superb as usual. Deb and Sky always make us feel welcome. The room was superb and the food was faultless. Will be back soon no doubt. We would recommend this place to anyone and we are regular visitors to it.

Room Tip: The Mews suites and cottages are well worth the extra few quid.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Craig S, Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for your praise, I've passed the compliments onto Debbie & Sky. See you soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed here for a night whilst visiting friends in Cardiff (sun 6th April) & thought it was great value for money for what it is & a great little find.
This hotel could do with some tweaking here and there bit this just adds to it's quirky charm.
My room was spotlessly clean - sheets lovely, white & crisp, towels white & fluffy.
Staff were fab, in particular the waiter at breakfast who couldn't do enough for me.
This hotel is right on a main bus route to Cardiff & all it has to offer, or Pontcanna that has a few nice pubs & restraunts.
Although I've moved away from Cardiff 6 months ago & have been back since, I have now found a hotel that I will always return to when I visit.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Craig S, Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Thank you for the review, whenever you are back in Cardiff we would love to see you again.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were staying as attending a family party... From initial arrival on Saturday and leaving Sunday what a great experience. The front of house very helpful, friendly and accommodating , the food was lovely in the bar to the evening bar service. However, the breakfast was next to none, the best and plentiful.

Stayed in the rear Mews, may need a bit freshing up but clean and welcoming. Would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

It's reviews like yours that make everything we do worthwhile, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The original building is supplemented by cottages in the ground. The public areas are in need of renovation but the small single room I had was perfectly adequate for a short stay. There are no lifts. Unusually breakfast is to order rather than a buffet.

Situated on the edge of the Cathedral village of Llandaff, if you like traditional hotels, this is an alternative to the office block hotels in the city centre

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for comments, we find that a lot of the guests prefer a breakfast cooked to order rather than a buffet, we are glad you enjoyed that and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I didn't enjoy my stay at the church hills at all. My room and en-suite had a lot of damp, especially in the en-suite. My room looked very tired and in need of some urgent attention. And then to finish it of they messed up my bill and gave me three different prices. I would say to anyone thinking about booking with this hotel....DON'T THE HOTEL IS VERY RUN DOWN AND STAFF VERY RUDE

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank cupcake2812

We are sorry that your stay did not come up to scratch, we would obviously like to chat to you about your stay, if you would like to make contact, please email us at churchills@sabrain.com Thanks

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I booked into this Hotel, as we were travelling from place to place, this was i deal to were we wanted to visit in Cardiff. We booked in for 5days. The building was grand, such a big building. The interior is very old but appealing. Staff very Friendly & Well Trained. Management checked every day to make sure we were happy in our room, with service etc. My husband and I made friends with staff members who we believe were very good at their jobs. Rooms were serviced everyday. As I am Disabled with Rhmatoid Arthritus we were put in a big room with easy access to everything. Parking right in front of room..
I recommend this hotel to anyone Travelling, Outstanding Customer Service . Good value for Money

Room Tip: We obtained Churchills Hotel by searching on the Internet for good value for money, where the hotel...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig S, Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for staying with us Barbara and taking the time to write such kind words on here. Hopefully, we will see you soon.