“Great staff, good hotel.”
Review of Churchills Hotel

Churchills Hotel
Ranked #45 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed here for a night whilst visiting friends in Cardiff (sun 6th April) & thought it was great value for money for what it is & a great little find.
This hotel could do with some tweaking here and there bit this just adds to it's quirky charm.
My room was spotlessly clean - sheets lovely, white & crisp, towels white & fluffy.
Staff were fab, in particular the waiter at breakfast who couldn't do enough for me.
This hotel is right on a main bus route to Cardiff & all it has to offer, or Pontcanna that has a few nice pubs & restraunts.
Although I've moved away from Cardiff 6 months ago & have been back since, I have now found a hotel that I will always return to when I visit.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Craig S, Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Thank you for the review, whenever you are back in Cardiff we would love to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Churchills Hotel

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were staying as attending a family party... From initial arrival on Saturday and leaving Sunday what a great experience. The front of house very helpful, friendly and accommodating , the food was lovely in the bar to the evening bar service. However, the breakfast was next to none, the best and plentiful.

Stayed in the rear Mews, may need a bit freshing up but clean and welcoming. Would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

It's reviews like yours that make everything we do worthwhile, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The original building is supplemented by cottages in the ground. The public areas are in need of renovation but the small single room I had was perfectly adequate for a short stay. There are no lifts. Unusually breakfast is to order rather than a buffet.

Situated on the edge of the Cathedral village of Llandaff, if you like traditional hotels, this is an alternative to the office block hotels in the city centre

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for comments, we find that a lot of the guests prefer a breakfast cooked to order rather than a buffet, we are glad you enjoyed that and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I didn't enjoy my stay at the church hills at all. My room and en-suite had a lot of damp, especially in the en-suite. My room looked very tired and in need of some urgent attention. And then to finish it of they messed up my bill and gave me three different prices. I would say to anyone thinking about booking with this hotel....DON'T THE HOTEL IS VERY RUN DOWN AND STAFF VERY RUDE

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank cupcake2812

We are sorry that your stay did not come up to scratch, we would obviously like to chat to you about your stay, if you would like to make contact, please email us at churchills@sabrain.com Thanks

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I booked into this Hotel, as we were travelling from place to place, this was i deal to were we wanted to visit in Cardiff. We booked in for 5days. The building was grand, such a big building. The interior is very old but appealing. Staff very Friendly & Well Trained. Management checked every day to make sure we were happy in our room, with service etc. My husband and I made friends with staff members who we believe were very good at their jobs. Rooms were serviced everyday. As I am Disabled with Rhmatoid Arthritus we were put in a big room with easy access to everything. Parking right in front of room..
I recommend this hotel to anyone Travelling, Outstanding Customer Service . Good value for Money

Room Tip: We obtained Churchills Hotel by searching on the Internet for good value for money, where the hotel...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig S, Manager at Churchills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for staying with us Barbara and taking the time to write such kind words on here. Hopefully, we will see you soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Value for money-£54.95 for a double room online includes a "you wont need lunch" sized breakfast and access to a Brains pub for evening meals.Staff (especially Mark on breakfasts) and Debbie on reception were as pleasant as can be.We were upgraded free of charge to a Mews cottage which should have been at extra cost so no complaints there. A few minor niggles like the mattress in the room had seen better days and the tea bags in the dining room were cheap and nasty-mostly dust of the floor of the tea factory judging by the taste! Everything else fine-convenient for Cardiff's attractions,why pay more for a probably superior (Lenny Henry approved)bed ! Note my sat nav showed the building on the opposite side of the road to where it is so we missed it on the first lap round.

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade to a mews cottage
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, I have passed over your praise to Mark (Sparky) & Debbie! We hope you decide to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We booked this Hotel for a Friday night stay before a 6 nations rugby game. The reception staff were very helpful and fas. We stayed in a Mews cottage, which is the best choice. They are at the rear of the hotel and nice and quiet. We ate here too in the bar. I had mixed grill and have to say it was one of the best,massive. The beer is Brains and a good choice. The staff are all great. This is a budget hotel and is well worth a stay. Only 2.5 miles from centre of Cardiff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the comments, we do get a lot of love for our mixed grill and we are glad enjoyed, see you soon.