“Great local and good value pub grub” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Innkeeper's Lodge, Cardiff

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Innkeeper's Lodge, Cardiff
Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
“Great local and good value pub grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

As a local i've never stayed here but regularly drink at the Bev - great place to have a decent pint mid-week and a fab place to watch the rugby. Great - slightly older - crowd without the rowdiness of city centre pubs. Had great food there a couple of weeks ago - the rump steak was well cooked and accompanied by a plentiful portion of chips. My friend has the mega mixed grill which again was a decent sized portion although the steak was tough and difficult to cut. Great pub grub and good value. Only downside is the miserable looking bar staff - it wouldn't hurt to be a little frendlier!

• Stayed February 2014
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Leighton Buzzard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I am not a big spender but I do like value for money. We needed a bed for a night to attend a birthday gathering. Walking distance from the party as I will not take a taxi unless I have to;) plus parking as I did not want to pay for a car park;)
This hotel suited my needs. The staff were very friendly, the room was perfectly adequate and spotless, the car was safely parked( very few others around like this) and breakfast was superb. I even splashed out £6.20 for a huge and large breakfast for myself and Mrs fingering it would save me lunch(I was right!).
Seriously though we were very happy with this hotel, it ticked all our boxes. Well done guys!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Clevedon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a little treasure of a pub/hotel which is located close to the Cardiff City Centre. Fairly recently taken over by Innkeepers Lodge the ambience and quality were excellent and it was very reasonably priced. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The cooked breakfast was amazing even if slightly on the generous side for a couple of oldies. The room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights, needed a quiet location due to son having a sports trial. Asked to leave some food in the pub fridge for him to take the next day and they brought a small fridge to our room. At the end of a long day it was nice to be able to order a pint and good food at the hotel. I think they took pity on me and delivered my meal up to the room when it was ready! The family room was spacious, clean, deathly quiet, dark and beds very comfy therefore I slept like a baby! The only disappointment was the shower- as much power as a kitchen tap. However, I was very pleased, it surpassed my expectations, I paid the least of all the parents for an overnight stay in the area and should he make the team I'll be back once a month to stay again! The staff couldn't do enough to be accommodating and were very friendly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We have just spent a Saturday night here to do Christmas shopping, we found it great value for the money.
We stayed in room seven and found it small but all you need for one night, room was super clean, staff were friendly.
The bar was very busy and the food looked great and reasonably priced.
Only down side was you can't check in until 3pm but as we arrived in the morning we were aloud to leave our car in the secure parking which was fine as we were a short walk from city centre and all shops
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Recently stayed here with a friend for a weekend away. As this was a Rugby International weekend the prices quoted elsewhere in the city were astronomical but we got a family room here for Stg 100 per night. Located above a bar the hotel was obviously recently refurbished with a clean and pleasant smell in the hallway. There's no lift (that I could see) which might be a drawback for some people but was no issue for us. The room was bright and spotlessly clean with a large en-suite with bath/shower combo. There were tea and coffee facilities. On our first morning we were still asleep when housekeeping called leaving us annoyed with ourselves as we had planned on getting fresh towels. How pleasantly surprised we were to find a package of clean towels, cups and tea/coffee left outside our door when we went out. On the first night I went to reception to request an iron only to be told that due to the refurbishment the iron and board situation hadn't been sorted yet. Pleasant surprise number two when I was told to just drop down what was for ironing and the manager would do it. Hey presto a little while later three perfectly ironed shirts arrived back to our room! The food in the bar looked and smelled great and the all day breakfast we availed of was top job, tasty and well priced. Service was at all times prompt and pleasant and the Gentleman who checked us in (and out) could not have been more friendly and helpful. Overall this is a solid 3* hotel. If you are looking for the ultimate in luxury and don't mind paying then go elsewhere, but if you want a clean, cosy, well appointed room where the staff treat you like your happiness is important to them then I cannot recommend the Beverley enough. Put simply, when I come back to Cardiff it's where I'll be staying!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have more steps but less noise. You pays your money you makes your choice!