Park Plaza Cardiff
ML Lodge(Cardiff)
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel(Cardiff)
2,485 results
All reviewsstainless steellovely hotelspa packagepubs and clubsmini barsteam roomjunior suitehotel barhuge bedcentral locationearly hoursquiet roomsaturday nightafternoon teareception staffstayed here for one nightcar parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Hotel's location is fantastic, right in the heart of Cardiff and only a 2 minute walk to all the shops. The staff there are very friendly and helpful. Our room was massive and very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bath and shower facilities one of the best I have experienced.

You can hear some noise given it's location, But we did not find this excessive or disturbing and it was a very busy Friday night. We paid £80 for our room and then an extra £15 or so for parking. For a £95 one night stay I did expect a little more but maybe I need to take everything else into account.

We thought that the Hotel was fairly modern and stylish, however it is need of some TLC, some mould in the bathroom, stains on the walls, furniture and linen, fake eye lashes left in the window next to the Jacuzzi etc etc. Looking at photos on here, it would appear that the hotel looks the same as it did 9 years ago.

But overall a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Rooms were spacious and clean. It was quiet so we got good nights sleep.
The location is great, the city centre literally opposite. Receptionist staff always happy to help.
A very good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at this property New Years Eve with some girlfiends. On arrival we were treated to a flass of Prosecco which all guests were offered in the spirit of Christmas. I thought this was a nice token gesture considering it is a large chained hotel. My room was huge and on the 4th floor. I didnt have a chance to eat at the hotel but from what I saw the hotel was bustling with guests and all areas seemed to be immaculate and clearly had a refurb of late. Location wise it is perfect for seeing Cardiff. I would most definately stay at this property again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night and was very impressed. The restaurant staff were amazing and went out of their way to help you. The food was exceptional. The rooms were immaculate. The hotel is ideally placed in the centre of the city which meant there was no added cost of transport. There is a car park across the road and the hotel offers discounts. I would definitely return.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed for a week on business. My room was spacious, looking out onto the courtyard. Huge, comfortable bed and enormous bath. Nice big desk too to get on with my work. But we were sharing the hotel with a tv event and there was a great deal of noise, sometimes into the early hours. My room had a door through to the next room, which provided minimal sound-roofing. Colleagues with rooms facing out onto the street were disturbed by even worse noise from nearby nightclubs. Breakfast was OK: nothing spectacular. Passable coffee. Given that the food in the evening was very good, I think the morning fare could have done with an imaginative makeover. No offer of anything other that scrambled eggs; sausages were not particularly special, no crusty rolls. Not a great deal of choice. (There is no menu as such.)
Wi-fi was slow at time, and colleagues found it much worse..
In short, despite the very nice accommodation, this was not a four star experience.
All staff were friendly and helpful.
Very good location smack in the middle of the city.

Room Tip: Ask who is in adjoining rooms and about noise from nearby clubs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ParkPlazaCardiff, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Park Plaza Cardiff.
I would like to apologise for the noise disturbance you experienced during your visit. I am genuinely sorry you had the misfortune of encountering such a problem.
I would also like to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced at breakfast. We do try to offer a wide range of breakfast items including a full cooked breakfast buffet including eggs to order, selection of fruits, yoghurts, bread including crusty bread, cereals, pancake machine etc. We do also provide a breakfast menu on all our tables in the morning and there are also room service breakfast menus available in all rooms.
On a more positive note I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the rooms and our staff and I hope to welcome you back to the Park Plaza Cardiff in the near future.