“Tealicious!”

Chaiholics
Ranked #56 of 1,217 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Street Food, Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to CHAI, UK's first Authentic Indian Bistro & Cocktail Bar. We're open Mondays to Saturdays from 12.00PM to 3.30PM for lunch and from 6.00PM to 10.30PM for dinner. Casual Dining. Discover it for yourself.
Gwent
“Tealicious!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Had a gift of afternoon tea for two and had a lovely experience at Chaiholics with my friend. Great choice of coffees for my friend (served in lovely glass insulated cup) and tea for me (multiple choices, again served in a glass insulated cup poured from a dinky teapot). Good choice of cakes, liked the mix of a few Asian goodies and the scones were delicious. Staff are friendly and made us feel really welcome. All in all had a smashing afternoon, would certainly go back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank AvrilmastWales

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“My new favourite place to go with friends”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

A great tea house off Wellfield road, an antidote to overly pretentious coffee shops and quaint tea rooms Chaiholics has a great atmosphere and is I've now adopted it as a great place to go and do work or to meet up with friends. The staff are really friendly and happy to help if you're overwhelmed with the choice of chai and the cakes are delicious. It's definitely worth a visit.

Visited March 2014
United Kingdom
“Ok Tea - room for Improvement”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Having drank tea from all over the Globe as well as making Indian Tea at home - for Cardiff this cafe is very good. The prices are very reasonable and the selection of Tea's are authentic. I would make one suggestion and kindly request more "cutting" - boiling the milk until its slightly less watered down. Street Tea in India is traditionally known as "Cutting Chai" for its balance of Milk and Water to allow some fragrance of the spices to blend with the Milk/Tea. I would definitely try it again as its a great concept. I totally understand its adaptation for the western palate - but chai is what it is and should not be adapted.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank lifeoffood
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Caring owner”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This lovely little cafe has had me bringing my friends in one by one :) What a lovely business owner! He really cares about his cafe. The staff are lovely too. Will be returning as soon as I can!

2 Thank Cardiffcoffeelover
Wales
“Best scone and lovely staff”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband had popped in here so decided to take me along one day.

I must admit, I am not that adventurous with my tea, so despite the array of teas, I opted for an Assam as advised by the very friendly staff member. I also ordered a scone, my husband had the railroad tea (I think that's what it was).

Quaint interior, good choice of teas, super friendly staff and the best scone I have had (lovely, soft, warm scone that melted in the mouth with jam and clotted cream).

All in all, definitely worth a visit for a nice cuppa.

1 Thank Wales4