“Excellent value, just as good if not better than Nandos”
Review of Chicken House

Chicken House
Ranked #277 of 1,289 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Barbecue, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: If you love chicken then this is the place for you. Chicken House specialises in fresh chicken. No processed and no frozen. Our fried chicken is coated with our secret recipe breadcrumbs, which are famous for their distinct flavour. Our grilled menu offers a variety of authentic flavours - freshly prepared & delicious! We have extended our opening hours until 2am and don't forget, we are also open from 1pm-2am during school holidays! All kids meals £4.50, served with fries & drink!
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Tend to visit Chicken House often because you can feed a family of 4 comfortably for £20 with one of their many platters. The equivalent in Nandos would cost double and you are essentially paying for the name for what essentially is fast food.
The food usually arrives within 5 minutes and is always fresh and tasty, especially the grilled chicken which goes perfectly with the chilli sauce they have (I think its got a hint of mint and mango which seems like an unusually combo but it tastes good)
I would also recommend their chocolate cake which is very more-ish and to top it off, the kids are happy as they get a Chuppa Chupps style lolly when they're done.
Overall, nice atmosphere, friendly service and well worth visiting!

1  Thank MozherFizzle

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great food and service! Visited before going to the cinema. Excellent value for money. Big portions and friendly staff!!

2  Thank 1food1
Reviewed October 3, 2013

eat here about 2 -3 time a month on average. Good food, good service, consistent and clean.

I usually go for the half chicken in barbecue or lemon and herb with sides of steamed veg (when Im being healthy!) and some times chips and beans! If Im really hungry I will add a few fried wings .
They have refills and one of the few places you will find Vimto and Irn Bru on tap

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try this place after a trip to Hollywood bowl, and was expecting a lot more than what I got. I assumed it was going to be similar to nandos, however I was disappointed to find the chicken rather bland , I would not label it as bad, because it was ok, I was just expecting a bit more.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We headed to OFF in Leckwith but I'd completely forgot Wales were playing at home and it was traffic nightmare.
Hell bent on eating chicken my one daughter said Chicken House was supposed to be good as all her friends at school were talking about it.

I was really surprised
Cleanliness was exemplary,and the decor and furniture was great.
Plenty of space and seating.
The gentleman was very helpful in making our meal choices as there was a multitude of meal variations.
Value for money was great but most importantly was the quality ingredients and the fantastic TASTE
I had the half flame grilled chicken marinated in lemon and herbs.
It was so good my girls insisted on taking Mum the very next night lol

Please do yourselves a foodie favour....Eat here...you'll lo've it I promise!!!!!!!

ChickenHouseUK, Manager at Chicken House, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for your review and kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Chicken House