“Brilliant halal food!!”

Chicken House
Ranked #248 of 1,215 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Fast Food, Barbecue, Grill, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Validated Parking, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: If you love chicken then this is the place for you. Chicken House specialises in fresh chicken. No processed and no frozen. Our fried chicken is coated with our secret recipe breadcrumbs, which are famous for their distinct flavour. Our grilled menu offers a variety of authentic flavours - freshly prepared & delicious! We have extended our opening hours until 2am and don't forget, we are also open from 1pm-2am during school holidays! All kids meals £4.50, served with fries & drink!
“Brilliant halal food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great food and service! Visited before going to the cinema. Excellent value for money. Big portions and friendly staff!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank 1food1

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“finger lickin'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

eat here about 2 -3 time a month on average. Good food, good service, consistent and clean.

I usually go for the half chicken in barbecue or lemon and herb with sides of steamed veg (when Im being healthy!) and some times chips and beans! If Im really hungry I will add a few fried wings .
They have refills and one of the few places you will find Vimto and Irn Bru on tap

• Visited September 2013
“Not quite nandos”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try this place after a trip to Hollywood bowl, and was expecting a lot more than what I got. I assumed it was going to be similar to nandos, however I was disappointed to find the chicken rather bland , I would not label it as bad, because it was ok, I was just expecting a bit more.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Soon good we went again the next day lol”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We headed to OFF in Leckwith but I'd completely forgot Wales were playing at home and it was traffic nightmare.
Hell bent on eating chicken my one daughter said Chicken House was supposed to be good as all her friends at school were talking about it.

I was really surprised
Cleanliness was exemplary,and the decor and furniture was great.
Plenty of space and seating.
The gentleman was very helpful in making our meal choices as there was a multitude of meal variations.
Value for money was great but most importantly was the quality ingredients and the fantastic TASTE
I had the half flame grilled chicken marinated in lemon and herbs.
It was so good my girls insisted on taking Mum the very next night lol

Please do yourselves a foodie favour....Eat here...you'll lo've it I promise!!!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
ChickenHouseUK, Manager at Chicken House, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Chicken House
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold and Tasteless”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I heard about this place but I never expected that I will end up there one day. Thanks to my wife who encouraged me to go and try and I agreed.

Peri Peri Grilled Platter was recommended by the staff as most popular, so I went along with his choice.

Our order arrived within 5 minutes which was surprise to me! One would expect grill order to take at least 20-30 minutes.

Started eating, the chicken, chips, rice every item was appeared as it has been reheated and there was no flavor or taste to it.

I was appalled by the standard. Staff never came around to ask if every thing is ok? Waht a waste!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SRaza330
Thank you for taking the time to review Chicken House. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologise that we did not meet your expectations.

For future reference, please let the Manager know immediately if you are dissatisfied, as we would be more than happy to replace your meal.