“Chaotic But Great Atmosphere”
Review of Oz Urfa - CLOSED

Oz Urfa
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hospitality fist
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great atmosphere , if a little chaotic , but really friendly people . Had to wait a few minutes or so for our table but the wait was really worth it . We have eaten many times in Turkey and the food at Oz Urfa definitely matches-up . This was our first visit but definitely will not be the last .

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My partner brought me here for a meal for my 21st birthday and had booked a table for 9pm on a Saturday. They had accidentally put us down for Sunday but rectified this quickly and got us a table ready as soon as a group left. It was worth the wait! They were extremely apologetic for the rest of the meal and offered us bread and feta in filo on the house! We had the mixed cold mezze to start which was wonderful. We are not usually fans of cold mezzes but this was one of the best, so flavorsome and fresh. We had the Lamacun next which is only £2 each!! We got 2 and couldn't finish them. For mains I had the grilled lamb chops and my partner had grilled lamb on a skewer. This all came with a humongous plate of freshly cut salad on the side. I had a piece of Baklava to finish and it was the best Baklava I've ever had. So lovely. The food won us over and made up for the fact that we had to wait for ages and then sit by the door.
All of this, with 2 bottles of water (we brought our own wine, they charges us £4 for corkage) came to only £31!!!! Will be going back again.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Definitely wouldn't recommend this restaurant, looks more like a kebab place, not a nice place to seat and have a nice dinner. We waited long to place the order and then again to get the bill. Food was ok, good chicken. The waiter wasn't nice, sounds rude. Asked about alcohol didn't inform us that we can bring our own, what we did later on, when we noticed that's what other guests were doing. The door was wide open, so food went cold fast and was loud from the busy City Road. Even if the food was ok, I wouldn't go back there.

4  Thank rika r
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Ok food nothing out of the ordinary.
15 minutes to get served in what seemed Like an old shop front
£4 to bring your own drink
Not a memorable experience

4  Thank Cardiff-23
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was our first trip to Cardiff for 10 years so we checked on Trip Advisor for a recommended restaurant. My wife & I were surprised to see the #1 restaurant had only been opened since June 2013. We have eaten Turkish food in both Turkey & Northern Cyprus. The Oz Urfa rates among some of the best we have enjoyed. The chefs are of the highest quality & have worked in some of the top hotels in Turkey. We enjoyed it so much we went back again 2 days later & had a fantastic evening. Three courses plus salad, fresh baked bread & coffee was just £23 for both of us. Incredible value, but it didn't finish there. The tables were shunted together & we were all treated to a display of hand carved fruit which almost looked too good to eat.
Next time we go to Cardiff we will certainly return to Oz Urfa