“Fastest Italian in the West”
Review of Vinny and Vito's - CLOSED

Vinny and Vito's
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2013

45 minutes from sitting down to having the bill presented. And we weren't rushing.

Starters of Olives and Calamari arrived almost instantaneously on ordering. Olives were good, calamari was average.

The main courses also arrived very soon after the finished starters being taken away. The Salad (chicken, aubergine) was good but on the small size despite being described as a main; the pizza was fine.

Staff were friendly. Prices are set correctly for the level of the restaurant.

Probably would eat in here again if staying in the hotel, if only to save driving into town.

Though the restaurant is in the hotel, where you could potentially be arriving late, the kitchen shuts at 9pm.

DGM_Cardiff, Manager at Vinny and Vito's, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your review of "Vinny + Vito's Italian Kitchen"

I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your experience, I've reviewed our service with our Restaurant Manager, and while it is always a challenge to get the balance between fast service, and "too-fast" service, we have shared your feedback with the team to ensure that guests can enjoy dinner at whatever pace they prefer.

Just as a note, we are open until 10pm from Monday to Saturday, however we do close at 9pm on Sundays.

We look forward to welcoming you back to V+V's

Ciao!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Going to a hotel restaurant is not something to be recommended usually, but the Village Hotel in Cardiff is near to where we live, so we thought we would try it and we weren't disappointed.
The menu is typically Italian but with proper ingredients. Posher than most pizza places. We had a pizza marguerita, a spaghetti carbonara (which was exceptional) and a chicken breast crumbed and fried. It all tasted good, and the service was excellent - friendly, relaxed and efficient. It wasnt as cheap as you might have expected (nearly £40 with three drinks) but the quality was superb and we will go back.

DGM_Cardiff, Manager at Vinny and Vito's, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Andrew,

thank you for your feedback regarding Vinny and Vito's Italian Kitchen Cardiff.

I'm absolutely thrilled that as a local to the area you have decided to come in and give us a try.

I've let chef know your thoughts about the food, and we are all really pleased that you noted the "proper ingredients" that we use and that all of our food is freshly prepared.

Keep an eye out for some great value deals too! We are currently featuring 2 lunch main courses for just £12.95!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ciao!

DeVere Village Urban Resort Cardiff

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was one of the entertainers booked for the opening night at Vinny & Vitos in Cardiff. I have been to thousands of events over the past 20yrs and this one stood out . It was a fantastic fun evening and I was well impressed with the look of the food, portions served and the atmosphere.

thus 2 weeks later with my sons 23rd birthday coming up I suggested to my other half that we book a table at Vinny & Vitos . Admittedly it was not easy to persuade her as we usually go to our regular Italian restaurant and she was a bit apprehensive. She took the plunge and it was as anticipated a fabulous evening not only because the food, service and atmosphere was superb but as important my family were blown away and mega impressed. It was good to hear her the next day while on the phone telling her friends how good it was. Bingo! We will be back! oh the desserts are out of this world!
Lightning Caricaturist Picasso Griffiths

DGM_Cardiff, Manager at Vinny and Vito's, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Ciao Picasso!

Thanks for your help on opening night, it was a truly special occaision!

We're absolutely thrilled that you and your family enjoyed dinner with us, and hopefully you'll all be back again in the near future.

glad you enjoyed dessert, I'm guessing Cheesecake, or maybe Tiramissu? Perhaps even the Chocolate Nemesis cake?! So many great dishes to choose from!

See you again soon

Arrivederci

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked into The Village for a quick overnight stay in Cardiff. As always, I asked reception where I should go for dinner in Cardiff for a great Italian Meal. The receptionist told me that they’d recently opened an Italian Restaurant in the hotel and I should try that.
I’m always sceptical about “specialist” restaurants in hotels, in central London you could get a good one but once you’re outside of the M25 you tend to get a poor imitation of the real thing.
Vinny and Vito’s Italian Kitchen was very much the exception. From the moment you walk in you can see that they’ve made a great effort to give it the full Italian experience. It’s the little things that make the difference. Real Italian beer and simple Italian food are what makes for a great dining experience. Vinny and Vito’s offer you both. Add to this a level of service that isn’t intrusive but is attentive and you’ll be hard pressed to find a better experience without flying to Italy.
Great venue!
On a side note, the bar in The Village is a real pub, not one of those soulless hotel bars that make you jump into a cab to the nearest boozer. The Village Cardiff really has got it right.

Ciao! Richard,

thank you for your review of Vinny and Vito's Italian Kitchen.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us, and it is very rewarding for us to receive such great feedback for our new restaurant.

A lot of effort went in to ensuring we deliver an authentic Italian experience, from the mebnu design, the decor, the wine list even the water is Italian!

We can't wait to welcome you back

Arrivederci!