“Good Venue But!!!”

Motorpoint Arena Cardiff
Ranked #59 of 176 things to do in Cardiff
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went to a concert here, the concert was absolutely fab and the venue is a really good size with balcony seats all around the edge with standing room in the middle. But we were on the first floor balconies and floors were really really sticky and it smelt really unpleasant. We think the Arena could really do with giving the balcony areas an overhaul.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"artists"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed May 9, 2013

i went to see the Specials there last year. I thought the arena was good, the seats were removed and everyone was dancing, the sound carried really well. A relatively small arena but would definately visit again.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I visited this arena for the first time recentely on Meat Loaf's tour and in comparison to some of the other arena's he'd played at, this was a much smaller venue creating a slightly more intimate experience.

As I had a VIP ticket, I had early entrance to the venue so we could wait inside without being packed in a small foyer with the crowds or waiting in the cold but without this VIP ticket, I imagine there's not many places to wait until the doors open. Thankfully the arena IS located in the city centre and there are restaurants nearby where you could get yourself a meal or a drink.

The arena was set up for a seated show but at a Meat Loaf concert, I tend to find that you don't want to be seated for long so I honestly couldn't say how comfortable the seats were. It did feel like the rows were quite close together, even at the front which can make it difficult to get to your seat.

I'd recommend avoiding the floor seating if you want to stay sat in your seat as you may find it difficult to see if those in front of you wish to stand up as there is no slope to the floor.

The staff I encountered during my visit were perfectly pleasant and helpful and this is an arena I'd be happy to visit again.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We took my disabled mother to an "Alfie Boe" concert at the Mortorport Arena, (Formerly the CIA). The concert was good and there were good refreshments, the sound and light shows were outstanding. The thing that really stood out were the facilities for wheelchair access, personal service from start to finish, easy access to the toilet, without disturbing other visitors and all super friendly.

1  Thank traveltrev