“Huge portions and good food”
Review of My Place - CLOSED

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I ate here after reading the reviews on trip advisor and this little place definitely did not disappoint. We could not find fault with anything. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the food was delicious. The portions were huge, much bigger than we are used to getting back in Australia, definitely value for money. Will recommend this restaurant to anyone.

MyPlace Polish-... C, Właściciel at My Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Hello,
I am very glad that you visited our Restaurant. Thank you for your nice opinion. Hope you visit us soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Very attentive, big menu, great choice of food, huge portions and affordable. Well recommended.

Loved the rye soup with smoked sausage, potato and boiled egg and Pierogi with minced meat!!

My friend ordered the ham hock and the portion was enough for two!!

Will definitely return if I live in Cardiff!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went on Saturday evening, table booked for 7:30pm but arrived at 7 they could seat us no problem. Portions are huge!! Prices are very reasonable. We had 3 courses, 3 x vodka shots, 2 beers, coffee, wine and soft drinks and it came to £56 for the two of us.

Atmosphere grew in the restaurant later on from about 8pm onwards.

We will defiantly be back. One of the best restaurants I have ever experienced.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went back for our third visit for my birthday meal.I usually have the delicious stuffed pirogi as a starter but this time we had herrings too:both absolutely delicious.To accompany the starters we had a very reasonably priced bottle of Prosecco. On to the main courses! My partner couldn't resist the ham hock and I went for the pork escalope: both of us had a glass of rose,too.As usual,the portions were extremely generous and neither of us could actually finish everything.Coffee and vodka to complete a lovely evening..

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked online for 8:30 on a Friday night based on trip advisor reviews and expected the place to be busy. When we arrived there were three other diners who appeared to be local Poles too who finished half way through our meal. Other than that we did not see another customer all night until we left, which was very disappointing. I had a couple of different bottles of Polish beer with my meal which were great. They provide a selection of Polish beers from strong to very strong and at three quid for a 500ml bottle you can't go wrong. I started with the rye soup served in a loaf of bread, gorgeous and substantial. My wife had the tomato and basil soup with meatballs and pasta, I tried it and it was gorgeous too. We had the chicken kebab and ham hock for mains. The food was beautiful but the portions were massive. We probably ate less then half of what we were served which arrived on large oval plates with accompaniments on the side. No room for deserts. The restaurant itself is fine, comfortable without being fussy. I note what some have said about the decor but it is fine. We found a few midges and flies a bit bothersome though, not sure why that was. The bill was less than forty quid with a bottle of wine and two beers, so excellent value to. So in summary, lovely hearty food at good prices, massive portions, lovely beer, shame about the lack of other customers. Would definitely return.