“Interesting.”

Doctor Who Experience Cardiff Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Starting in the Gallifrey Museum, take part in an interactive adventure with the Twelfth Doctor before stepping behind the scenes of your adventure into the largest collection of props, costumes and sets from this iconic show. A must for Doctor Who fans of all ages.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

had a lovely time at the Dr. who experience. we had booked our tickets on line, so they were cheaper than buying at the event. I am not a great fan of Dr Who but must say I found it good value for money and you don't have to be a Dr who fanatic in order to enjoy it

All reviews
in 42 reviews
"walking tour"
in 83 reviews

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This DR WHO experience is based in cardiff bay so a lovely part of cardiff with plenty of other places to vist . Learned a lot about Doctor Who that id either forgotton or didnt know. Greatl to see a lot of the costumes used for the Doctors and their villians. Loved seeing K9 he was my favourite. To see the differences throughout the years of darleks and cybermen.there is a cafe on site which we diidnt you. This isnt a cheap exhibition but i did enjoy it

2  Thank chicodog1
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've never watched Dr Who but I have watched all of the Torchwood episodes so I was looking forward to seeing this with my partner who is a big Dr Who fan. Their is a café on site in the entrance and they let you into the exhibition every 20 minutes in groups of about 30-40 so you can grab a coffee if you're early for your time slot (which you can choose on a pre-booked ticket)

The first part is a Disney-type, narrated walk through which involves you in a Dr Who mini plot to save the world. This lasts about 25 minutes and then you're in the exhibition which if you stop and read everything you'll do in about an hour. The exhibition is on two floors and includes props from the Dr Who series going back to the 60's. But apart from Jack Harknesss' costume, there was nothing from Torchwood at all, which is a bit strange as it was mostly set in Cardiff Bay. I think they missed a trick there.

Due to the spacing out of the entrance it never felt crowded inside and you had time to take photos and read things without a crowd gathering and pushing you along.

It was £13 entrance and you can stretch it out to 90 minutes so my overall view was it was good but you wouldn't need to go back. Make sure you visit Iantos' shrine in the bay area, it's about a five minute walk from the exhibition.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I'm a big fan of Doctor Who and found the experience average just because it was interesting and fun but too short for my liking!