“What an experience”

Doctor Who Experience Cardiff Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Starting in the Gallifrey Museum, take part in an interactive adventure with the Twelfth Doctor before stepping behind the scenes of your adventure into the largest collection of props, costumes and sets from this iconic show. A must for Doctor Who fans of all ages.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I went to the Dr Who Experience today 23rd July, it has been something i have been wanting to do for a long long time being a huge fan of Dr Who. Although i am 56 years old it made me feel like a young boy on an adventure, it truly was an experience from the first opening of the door to the having to leave to go home, i wont go into detail as whats there but just to say no matter how old or young you are it's in my opinion really worth going, it was money well spent, thank you Dr Who you made my day a time to remember.

1  Thank geoned57
in 43 reviews
"great fun"
in 206 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Spent a very jolly couple of hours at the 'Experience'. The guided bit at the beginning was good fun and unexpected, though a little bit rushed, and over a bit too quickly. We thought there were plenty of other things that they could add which would improve it even further. The exhibition was very comprehensive, and included behind the scenes stuff. We were also able to take as much time, and as many photographs as we wished. My daughter and I had been to the old version that used to be in Cardiff Bay a few years ago, and I have to say that this is a vast improvement.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

For Dr Who fans this is heaven, you step into the world of Dr Who in a very fun way. We thought it has been done very well and will go back and take our grandsons. The first part of the experience is so exciting I did not want it to end. The second part is where you get to see all the things used over the years and I thought I would find it boring, no I loved it.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Travelled 420 mile to go here, 2 Boys very excited. What a nice place it is WHEN you can find it. Cardiff you need signs, not everyone uses sat nav. water front was closed off due to some event which meant a 1 mile walk to get there, but we had travelled 400 miles so what is one mile extra. When inside, it is big place but lacks any atmosphere, so much more could of been done, When in the film room would it of been so hard for the darlek stuck in the corner to of done some thing, when the tardis moved could it move a little more. Dr Who was suppose to scare the socks off you when you were a kid, this just bores the socks of you now. We were round in 1 hr. the museum was just that, would it of been so bad to have staff dressed up and interactive? A few things to do?. The shop at the end could off been stocked with things that all can afford, not just bins at £49, On this point, VERY disappointed at the range I phoned before to make sure they had a sonic screw driver ( dr 11) But NO the toy shop in Cardiff had a bigger and cheaper range. No so much as an experience as a museum. Would I recommend it YES for fans but It Could be sooooo much better. Hope the live event in November is better.
Ian

See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was living in London for a month so knew I had to plan a trip to Cardiff to go here. When we arrived a little after 1300, (we had the 1300 slot) there was no line at all. We looked around the lobby until the next group started. When scanning our tickets, the man realized that they were for the day before, but let us through anyway.
The entire time we were in the experience I had a massive grin on my face. I loved it!
I loved getting to see all the ORIGINAL show artifacts as well. The shop was kind of expensive, but I wanted it all!