I have just come back from a spa break here for my mothers 60th birthday, we had two twin rooms on the 10th floor, which were lovely. They had big rooms, had comforatble beds, were spotless, had a fridge, ironing facilities, hairdryer, toiletries, nice big fluffy towells and tea and coffee facilities.
The bathroom was big with a big tub and seperate shower, the shower was a power shower and had lots of room.
The room had a table and two armchairs and a desk with a mirror. Plenty of sockets and great views through the floor to ceiling windows.
The spa was lovely, we got my mother a facial for her birthday and she said it was the best she's had, she looked positively radiant after it and a little bit spaced out. :-)
We booked under a special Sunday night offer, we had afternoon tea which consisted of a three tier of sandwiches, mini cakes and fresh abked scones with another tray of clotted cream, jams and fresh fruit. VERY NICE.. They even gave us a doggy bag to take the rest to our room. We then used the spa facilites, which were great, large pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. We didnt make it up to the relaxation room as we had left it too late due to a shopping trip in to Cardiff which was within walking distance, about 5 mins walk.
We then went for dinner which was tasty and plentiful, the bar man had taken note of the fact that it was my mothers birthday and informed the restaurant, they brought out my mothers desert with a glass of champagne and even sang happy birthday to her.
We had a lovely breakfast the next morning, everything you could ask for and all well presented and well chilled or heated.
All in all this was a fantastic hotel, the staff couldnt do enough for you and the facilites were excellent. There was parking underneath the hotel for £14 a night.
The whole package cost us £190 all in but I would say it would have been a bargain at twice that price. Will definitely go again and will highly recommend to others.
We're already planning our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4 star luxury hotel in the centre of Cardiff, 15 min walk from Cardiff Central railway and bus station and a 30 min drive from Cardiff International Airport. The hotel features 165 en suite rooms, the award winning First Floor restaurant, a stylish bar as well as a luxury leisure club and spa. 15 meeting rooms and function suites suitable for hosting conferences, events and weddings. Fibre Optic WiFi internet access. Underground parking available at the hotel at GBP 12.00 per 24 hours (subject to availability). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Holland House Cardiff Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Accor Holland Hotel Cardiff
- Holland House Hotel Cardiff
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel And Spa Wales