“Very interesting walks around Cardiff and through times”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cardiff On Foot

Cardiff On Foot
Ranked #6 of 44 Tours in Cardiff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The perfect introduction to Cardiff, the capital city of Wales. If you want to discover the real Cardiff and enjoy a good walk, then look no further than our highly rated Cardiff walking tours. We offer a variety of walking tours that will show you our rich city life, both past and present. We like to keep our groups as small as possible and we believe that a leisurely walking tour in the company of a knowledgeable local is the best way to see this beautiful city. ALWAYS BOOK PLEASE! We will confirm the meeting place and time of your walking tour.
London, United Kingdom
“Very interesting walks around Cardiff and through times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Nigel guided us through a wonderful tour around Cardiff on the theme: Cardiff during the world wars. Despite the rain, the wind, and the cold, he kept us interested all along, taking us from spot to spot around the city with lively stories and anecdotes to tell every time. You can tell he is passionate, which makes him even more interesting to listen to. Moreover, he is very articulate, so you dont struggle to keep up if English is not your mother tongue.
I wish I could go every saturday!

Nigel1811, Owner at Cardiff On Foot, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thanks for a great review and I am glad that you enjoyed the walking tour despite the rain. Cardiff and the World Wars is a new walk and you are the first to review it. Your comments are much appreciated.

Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“City Stroll - great value and very interesting. Recommended !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We met up with our guide on the steps of the museum and we then walked round quite a bit of the city. Each time we stopped there was some interesting information about someone or something and we really felt that we had learnt a lot about Cardiff's past. Our guide Nigel really knew his stuff and he could always provide the answer to any questions we had.
The tour was supposed to last 90 minutes but we got 2 hours !

Nigel1811, Owner at Cardiff On Foot, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thanks for such a good review and I am delighted that you enjoyed the City Stroll walking tour.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Excellent tour - I learnt a lot about Cardiff. The tour guide was really friendly, entertaining and seemed very knowledgeable. I would certainly recommend it not only to those visiting the city, but also to those living in it. It was an hour and a half well spent and, like all good tours, we adjourned to the pub afterwards!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Nigel1811, Owner at Cardiff On Foot, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thanks for the review and I am glad that you enjoyed the walking tour. Hope to see you again.
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“With love from Cardiff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Dear Nigel,
The trip to Cardiff with my girlfriend was great. The History Scotland( Cardiff) has behind it was really fascinating to hear from you. Your way of giving the facts about Cardiff and its history was really enchanting.
After I reached home my girlfriend commented that the trip to her was really inspiring as she went back to her "A" levels where she read about the history of Scotland. For me when Nigel referred to the year 1066 I perhaps went back in time to look at my years of study in college where I had a special paper on Scottish history.
For Nigel I have one thing to say , please keep up the good work. History needs you. We live in an era where young students find out Mercedes symbol on war memorials.So now we understand our responsibility to history, culture and other things.To history we are indebted, without knowing the past can we have a present in the truest sense of the term?. Case in point is the Sylhetty British curry which passes on very well as Indian curry in this part of the world(Thank you Nigel for knowing this.)
I hope to see you Nigel very soon we need to have a look inside the castle I guess.

Kind Regards,
Arnab.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Nigel1811, Owner at Cardiff On Foot, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thanks for such a thorough review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to the capital of Wales. I hope to see you again when you return.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went on the City Stroll walking tour recently and it was excellent, the tour guide was very knowledgeable and interesting to listen to. The walk is nice and easy all on the flat with lots of interesting things to see and history to hear about. I would throughly recommend this walking tour.

Nigel1811, Owner at Cardiff On Foot, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Glad that you enjoyed the City Stroll and thanks for a such a good review.