“A Late Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Good service, good food. We ate mid afternoon so the restaurant wasn't busy. Reasonable prices & interesting menu. Would visit again.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Visited the restaurant today, Sunday 28th and had a lovely meal. There were 6 of us, all adults and we all enjoyed the atmosphere, the setting and the food. It was lovely to have a log fire within touching distance when it was wet and miserable outside.
Between us we had various starters, main courses and deserts and everything was superb. I found the staff very attentive and pleasant. I would highly recomend the Aubrey Arms.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We popped to the Aubrey Arms for an impromtu Dinner last night, and were greeted by a warm and friendly atmosphere. You could smell the log fire as soon as you walked in, and being a Monday night you would expect it to be empty, but is was full. The friendly waitress came to take our drinks order and hand us some menu's within minutes of arriving.
My husband and I chose the Steak Beef Burgers with home made chips and my son chose the Braised Beef with Mash & Savoy Cabbage.
The food arrived promptly and looked amazing....... Our burgers were cooked perfectly and had a really good side portion of delicious spicy relish, topping it off perfectly were the chips, they were definately hand made... Yummy.
But I don't know how my son does it but he always has the knack of choosing the best dish, his Braised Beef was to die for, it melted away like butter and the gravy was so light.
We will definately be returning very soon, and hopefully the Beef will be on the menu.
Well done all at the Aubrey Arms another great Dinner.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have visited the Aubrey Arms many times in the past and have been impressed. However, on this occasion, the manner of the manager and the presentation of the food was not really as expected. A Sunday evening so not especially busy, so a very brusque manner on the phone when inquiring about opening times was not a good start, however we decided to go for old times sake. The unfriendly manner continued on arrival until an apparent change of staff, when the waitress and new manager improved the atmosphere considerably. However, the food was not very well presented, didn't look particularly inviting and perhaps a bit bland, despite sounding very exciting on the menu. It is a great location and I would visit again as I think this was a one off and we have had some great times there on other visits several years ago.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Always good value,good food and nice staff.Have been there many times noand always happy ith food and service