“If Only I Could Bake Like This!”

Pettigrew Tea Rooms
Ranked #28 of 1,214 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pettigrew Tea Rooms are housed in the beautiful 19th Century West Lodge in the heart of Cardiff. This quintessentially British tea house is open seven days of the week serving, fresh lunches and delicious homemade cakes, all served alongside a wonderful selection of loose leaf teas. Join us for a light lunch or why not sample our full Afternoon Tea in peaceful surroundings, before a stroll through Cardiff's stunning Bute Park. A must for all visitors to the Capital City of Wales.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“If Only I Could Bake Like This!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I made 3 visits this winter so far, and loved it every time. The most recent on a bitter cold day last week after a walk in the park. Lovely welcome from the staff, and a great pleasure to be in out of the cold and looking forward to a delightful pot of green tea with peach. Topped off with a scrumptious slice of Victoria sponge cake I was well refreshed for my journey home. This is the best city centre tea shop without a doubt. The extra bonus of being in such a special building enhances the experience further.

1 Thank Cassiiezed
PettigrewManager, Owner at Pettigrew Tea Rooms, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for joining us and taking the time to review too. I am very proud of my team, they like their job and that makes it easy to serve. See you soon for more Victoria Sandwich. David & team.

“Excellent but was not aware of extra seating upstairs so froze outside”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great service, just wanted my scone to be warm as other good tea shops offer. Heaters would really make it special so you could enjoy the wonderful views outside and it would have been nice to have been told there was more seating outside so we didn't have to freeze but now a regular as its the best cup of tea in wales!

• Visited December 2012
It was nice to see you again and glad you brought along the little ones. I will take your advice and make more of the fact that we have such an extensive range of Gluten Free on our website soon. It was a shame that the gift shop was closed due to the heavy snow on the Saturday you last popped by. We had a record busy day with lots of families playing in the snow then warming up. Glad you got seated quickly though and were looked after. I won't be able to heat Bute Park when it snows, but it won't be long now until the sun terrace reopens and the temperatures rise to match. See you soon. David & team.
Cardiff
“Fantastic "pitstop" treat”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nicest place to indulge in tea and cake in Cardiff. I have been a number of times and have sampled a range of their loose teas which are served in an eclectic collection of china cups and saucers, a touch I just love. The choice of cakes should be enough for anyone and I can certainly recommend the coffee & walnut, lemon drizzle, and the chocolate; possibly not all at the same time given the generous portions. We often visit during a bike ride or walk around the park, which we uses an excuse to justify our gluttony!

1 Thank Richard-Caerdydd
PettigrewManager, Owner at Pettigrew Tea Rooms, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
You have won the 'Best Review of the Month' award! It made us all smile and also is the very best news for a new start small business when customers keep coming back. So keep coming back :o). David & team
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

lovely location in the park, very friendly staff and warm welcome and very lovely coffee very nice welsh cake also
So traditional and so good quality , I Would highly recommend :)

1 Thank En Z
Thank you for the feedback, especially pleased that you liked the coffee. We source our coffee from Peter James Gourmet who delivers us a brilliant unique blend and helped us land the Highly Commended Award from the South Wales Echo Coffee Shop of the Year Awards. Not bad for a tea room. Thanks for your support. David & team.
Wales
“Will go again.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have wanted go go hear for ages as it gets consistently good reviews and I love cake! So, myself and a couple of colleagues went today. There is an excellent range of tea and coffee and the cakes were fab. We will go again.

2 Thank Adele48
Thank you for taking the time to review us and really pleased you finally made it in. We are coming up to our one year anniversary and have some interesting and exciting changes to mark the occasion. See you next time. David & team