“Go on a Sunday!”

Revolucion de Cuba
Ranked #45 of 1,263 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on The Friary in the bustling heart of Cardiff, Revolución de Cuba opened in March 2012. Go all Hemingway in the luxurious Havana Bar or take a seat for full table service. And, whether you're looking for a quiet coffee, dinner with friends or a chance to dance the night away to a fantastic live band, you're guaranteed that we'll be kicking it Cuban-style.
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I happened on this place on a Sunday afternoon, and feeling rather peckish, decided to stay for lunch. Service was completely rubbish, but was v v pleased to see that cocktails and tapas is 2 for 1 on a Sunday! Hooray! After ridiculously slow staff had taken our order of roasted chorizo, chicken skewer things, prawn pil pil, quesadilla, meatballs and pulled pork we sat in the window and watched the world go by. Our drinks took forever, but were delicious (raspberry and original Mojitos, bohemiam Mojitos (with absinthe!) And Caipirinhas) and the food was really quick - and oh my god - absolute heaven. It sounds naff, but every bite was full of deep savoury unctuousness, and lots of different textures - was bloody brilliant. And here's for the best bit - our bill should have been £85 - for 6 drinks and 6 tapas dishes this is daylight robbery - at least Dick Turpin wore a mask - but as it was Sunday and we chose off the 2 for 1 menu, it all came to £44! That is a total bargain, and will so totally be back to get sloshed there on a Sunday again.

There are newer reviews for Revolucion de Cuba

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently visited Revolucion de Cuba Cardiff on a friday afternoon after work, Just for a couple of cocktails with a few colleagues. We were greeted by a lovely young woman on the door, I think her name was Melissa. She was fantastic, excellent customer service skills and made us feel so valued and special! The cocktails were great and we also ended up getting some food which was absolutely delicious, I would especially recommend the enchiladas! As well as our waitress, Melissa made sure that our evening was enjoyable and was absolutely brilliant. She told us about the cocktail masterclasses they do there and we are definitely going to be booking one very soon. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great atmosphere, great food, great drinks and excellent service!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Reserved a `private area' on a Saturday night for daughters birthday - very disappointed with the quality of tapas provided and the so-called `private area' was open to anyone who chose to wander in. Drinks very expensive and the house-wine was undrinkable - not just my opinion, but that of several guests, comments ranged from `tastes like disinfectant' to `would make a passable anti-freeze'. Not going back.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Visited on the night of good friday for a few drinks. My wife was drinking the cocktails and she confirmed what I thought just looking at them, they are cheap and nasty. I was drinking from a bottle cider, so they could not mess that up. The place itself is trying to be something different, but coming from somewhere outside of Cardiff, it just seems cheap and ridiculous. They had a live band on with a female singer who sounded as though she was slowly being tortured. Would I go back? Only if it was free and I had ear plugs. The one highlight was watching the incredibly drunk locals falling around.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We didn't get to the restaurant until nearly four and it wasn't very busy but it still had a good atmosphere and an excellent guitarist (although he was a bit loud). We ordered our starters, drinks and main courses but the speed of the drinks were a bit slow as the starters arrived before them! Nevertheless, the meatballs were delicious, the tortillas with garlic mushrooms were cooked perfectly and the prawns in their garlic and chilli sauce were eaten quickest of all. For main course, we had all gone for burritos that came with a free mojito each. As I was the nominated driver, my wife had two (raspberry and classic) and she loved them! The burritos (either chicken or vegetarian) with their home made dip, were packed full of flavour and went down a treat. The portions for three people all with healthy appetites were very good as we couldn't manage desserts although we did manage coffees Because of the deals on a Sunday, the cost was less than £15 per person so brilliant value! We'll certainly be back.