“Fabulous place for a break”
Review of Terra Nova Cafe

Terra Nova Cafe
Ranked #85 of 205 Quick Bites in Cardiff
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I'm visiting Cardiff from Nashville, revisiting all my old favourite places. I stopped in Terra Nova a week ago to meet up with my aunt. She wasn't able to meet me so I stayed and had lunch by myself. I ordered cappuccino and sausage, beans and chips, and a packet of Welsh cakes as a treat. Everyone was so cheery and helpful, especially as I speak with an electronic voice that no every takes the time to understand. The setting, the food, the staff, all contribute to a leisurely and delicious mid day break. I look forward to my next visit. I must try more of the incredible looking bakery goods in the display case!

1  Thank dsheridantn
Write a reviewReviews (215)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped here for a quick cup of tea while walking in the park. We had a piece of orange cake which was lovely - very moist and flavoursome. The lunch menu looked good and included a couple of vegan options. The eating area is a bit scruffy and dated, but it's great to have a nice place to stop and eat in such a beautiful setting, and we were able to sit outside overlooking the lake. I will almost certainly come back for lunch sometime. It is also dog friendly with free dog treats and water bowls, and I saw a sign saying that they have gluten free options.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Met at the terra nova for coffee .ended up having salmon cream cheese bagel and vegan breakfast with fig and walnut bread .really lovely with advacado and peppers .
Service was great ,super music dog friendly and just a very warm welcome .will definitely be back .
Also the view and atmosphere is great .did not have any cakes as it was breakfast .spoke to the waitress they have gluten and vegan a huge selection .good recommendation from family .will be back

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just been into the local cafe the place is filthy! The chairs, seating, tables, the trays were caked in yesterday’s food...the owner is sat at a table eating cornflakes looking as grubby as the cafe itself.

Microwaved scrambled eggs that were burning hot in places, the toast ridiculously thick and smothered in margarine...what an absolute farce. The problem is it’s a service to have a local cafe not just a business and when it’s run so poorly these people should not be granted a lease. It needs owners with a responsibility and a duty to run a good ship representative of one of Cardiff’s most beautiful hot spots.

I’m disgusted!

1  Thank Beswick71
Reviewed August 30, 2019

Visited the cafe whilst taking a walk around Roath Park and ordered chips and nachos. Whilst the chips were lovely, with a good selection of sauces, I was really disappointed to be greeted with a bowl of Dorito Cool Originals as nachos. The crisps weren’t toasted, didn’t have cheese on them, no salsa, no guacamole.. I’m not really sure how you can call that Nachos.. if I wanted a bag of Doritos, I’d have asked for a bag of Doritos. Pretty disappointing.

Date of visit: August 2019