“Beautiful Hotel with Fantastic Views” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of New House Country Hotel

New House Country Hotel
Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel with Fantastic Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I arrived at the 'New House Hotel' on 03/02/14 at around 7pm, after 3 hours of travelling I was glad to get to my room and have something to eat.
Although it was dark when I arrived, the taxi took me up this long driveway where I was greeted by a lovely Manor House.
I was greeted at Reception with a warm welcome & asked if I was going to dine in the restaurant, I said yes & made a reservation.
I was then given my key card along with my free Wi-Fi code which I could use in my room.
When I got to my room I was very pleased. It was much larger than I expected.
It had a large clean bathroom, King size bed & sofa beside it.
There was tea/coffee making facilities, decent hair-dryer, clock radio beside the bed, bathrobe & nice complimentary shower gels, soaps, flannel, comb etc in the bathroom.
I then arrived in the restaurant where I was once again, greeted with a warm welcome & given a menu with a 2 course or 3 course option.
I opted for the 3 course at £26.95 and I could not fault the food, it was without a doubt high quality & well presented.
After I finished my relaxing meal I ventured back to my room and all i can say is "Wow"....... the bed was exceptionally comfortable and I slept so well.
The next morning I went to breakfast and there was a selection of cereals, fruit, yoghurts, fruit juice, speciality teas etc to help yourself to. Tea/coffee & toast was brought to your table & a cooked breakfast or poached eggs, as I chose were cooked to order.
As I arrived late the previous evening, I hadn't been able to appreciate the stunning views and Wow!!!
I was given a window table which overlooked the welsh countryside & Cardiff City Centre in the distance.
Without a doubt, If I ever go to Cardiff again..... whether Business or pleasure, I would pick this hotel.
It really is a Gem of a Hotel.....a hidden hideaway.

Room Tip: Room 22 on the 1st floor overlooks the front of the hotel & has unspoilt views across to Cardiff...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We certainly have the best views across Cardiff and beyond, and you are right you cannot appreciate these until seen in the daytime. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was on a murder mystery weekend and found the quality of the food, cleanliness of the hotel and efficiency of the staff to be first rate. Nothing was too much trouble and all of the guests were made most welcome and important.

From the moment you arrived until you checked out, it was perfect service and luxury. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone, whether you are there on business, pleasure or that special occasion.

The views and location are stunning but you must look on their website for the correct postcode - do not rely on a normal internet search!! We are looking forward to another fabulous weekend!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the hotel, we certainly have the best views of Cardiff. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay with us.
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

With 10 people from all across the country meeting up we chose here and am thrilled to have found it.

Great lunch time menu, 3 courses of lovely food. Table by one of the fireplaces reserved for us and coffee & tea waiting for us.

Although most of us didn't stay, the hotel is in stunning surroundings with THE most amazing views.

Will definitely return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rowills
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind words regarding your recent visit to the hotel for a meal. I hope you will choose us again in the future when you all meet up.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed here for four days over Christmas over from the US because my mum's house down the road was full. I'd never noticed the place before because it's tucked away off the Caerphilly road, but it's a real period gem. Elegant 1750's manor house, modernised but not spoiled, with brilliantly elevated position looking down at Cardiff and the Severn estuary. The rooms we had were extremely spacious, clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts were superb. Great marquee room for wedding receptions - turns out one of my cousins was married here. It was the location for a Dr Who episode - but it could just as easily be the set for a Jane Austen adapt. Ask for the Stavros suite. Very reasonable room rates, too. We'll never stay at my mum's place again!

Room Tip: The view from the rooms on the front is spectacular, so make sure you stay there.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Simonedwardcollins
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the hotel. We do pride ourselves on a warm Welsh welcome and I do hope you will stay with us again.
Cardiff, S.Wales.UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Lovely staff, lovely food and a great setting. The manager ensured that we were all satisfied and was very polite. The food was great. A lovely turkey dinner and I am told that the venison was superb! The only negative was the toilets. We were first there and they were a little smelly. As a lady, a clean toilet area is a must!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrsAJC
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Reviewer

I am so glad you and your party enjoyed your Christmas lunch with us at the New House.

I do hope to see you again in the future.
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Our children bought us dinner and a night in the hotel for our 30th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Countess Suite which was based on a Chinese theme with a huge canopied bed. The view over Cardiff was breathtaking by night and even better the following morning. The restaurant menu had a good selection and the food was superb. The service was very friendly and although the restaurant was quiet that evening there was a wonderfully calm and warm atmosphere prevailing. The breakfast menu was wide and varied and the service was once again friendly. There were some regular couples there who go two or three times a year and the staff remembered them and gave them a warm send off saying that they would see them again soon and even a hug. It almost seemed a home from home. Now that we know how good it is I think that we may make it a regular venue too. Congratulations to the staff and management!

Stayed December 2013
Alix S, Front Office Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at the hotel, and I am glad you enjoyed it! We do have alot of regular guests who return to us time and time again, we like to make our guests feel at home. I do hope you will be back to see us soon.

Happy New Year