All reviewsbristol channelwedding venuewedding guestscocklescardiff baywedding breakfastgreat views over cardiffafternoon tealarge bathroombeautiful hotelsat navthe ground floorgood sizebusiness triptwo night staylovely roomstayed here for one night
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I love the fact that everything about this hotel is constant, yet like most good hotels it is on a rolling programme of refurbishment. The most recent I could see was the change from keys to the rooms to cards which you just wave in front of the room door lock. Fantastic - can do this with your hands full!
Just one small thing - my evening meal was very dry - there was not enough sauce with the fish. However, portion sizes, whilst not large, are absolutely perfect for me ... I hate having too much on my plate.
I always hate leaving this place....except to go home of course.
Fab showers, bathrooms, towels, beds, pillows, etc. Love it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
NewHouseHotel, Director at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review and your lovely comments regarding the hotel.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us and are noticing the improvements we are making all the time, we are on a constantg refurbishment programme so look out for future improvements to the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had our wedding reception at this hotel on the 30th May. I had only been to the hotel once to see it as I have moved away from Cardiff so my parents had recommended it. From the start they were very accomodating and flexible to our needs.As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with a glass of champagne. The food was fantastic, the best lamb I have ever tasted. The staff were excellent, always there to fill your drink up but not overbearing. Even when there was a mix-up with the desserts it was sorted immediately so there was no problem. I have to say I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Cardiff as it is fantastic. Breathtaking views, excellent staff, we hope to stay there next year for our anniversary
Thank you for making our special day even better!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
NewHouseHotel, Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for your review and your kind comments regarding the hotel.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed as guests at a wedding reception. Beautifully appointed large room, facing outwards over fields to Cardiff, with long views over the Bristol Channel, the islands in the Channel and across to Devon (it was a lovely clear day). Quiet, peaceful position, yet just up the road from Cardiff on the way to Caerphilly. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The bed was comfortable. As darkness fell, the lights of Cardiff were a lovely sight. We ate only as part of the evening wedding reception, a buffet, so cannot comment on the restaurant. Breakfast was pleasant, though a limited selection. Would have liked to have been staying longer than one night. There's a gym but no pool. Plenty of parking. Although another wedding was going on the same evening, the two wedding receptions were kept completely separate and did not interfere with one another at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front facing over Cardiff
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
NewHouseHotel, General Manager at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for your review and your kind comments regarding the hotel.

We pride ourselves on a warm welsh welcome, with great food and customer service and I am pelasd to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I came here for a wedding and Christening reception a few years ago and it was great.
I was a guest at another Christening reception and this time it was a shambles from start to finish.
When we arrived the host said you must be the funeral; we were all in flowery dresses with quite a few children around us
The room looked nice but was up 2 flights of steps with no lift and the toilets were on the ground floor (not convenient for the elderly relatives) it was also boiling hot as it looked like a sun room with lots of windows, there was aircon which made it really too cold
When we went to the bar to get our pre paid drinks the bar staff didn't know anything about it
Then the food came we had ordered small portions for the chlldren and normal size for the adults, they served the children first but gave them the adult portions which they started eating so when the rest of the food came out all they had left was child portions
The small bit of food we had was good but overly seasoned
The staff all seemed more interested in the wedding going on downstairs where I assume all the fully trained staff were

Room Tip: Try to book where there is no other event on and you will be fine. Don't get the conference room that looks like a sun room in the summer
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
NewHouseHotel, Director at New House Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the hotel.

We value all feedback given both the good and the not so good as it is only with valuable feedback that we can further improve the service we offer to our guests. I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and I can assure you that all of your comments have been taken onboard and addressed with the team.

If you wish to discuss your comments any further please email me directly banks.stephen@gmail.com

Many thanks,

Stephen Banks
Director

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I really can't begin to explain how absolutely fantastic the New House staff were from start to end regarding making our wedding as special as possible. The wedding team (we mainly spoke with Gemma and Rachael) were so helpful and accommodated every request, however small, where possible. They were always on hand whenever we needed their help. In addition, Becky was second to none in making sure that our day ran as smoothly as possible and again was always so friendly and willing to help (right down to ensuring that there was a lager for my husband at the wedding breakfast as he doesn't drink wine)! Rhidian was also great with allowing us to test out music CDs before the wedding and taking care of everything on the evening of the wedding - we never felt like we were asking too much from him or anyone else at the New House.

We held both our ceremony and reception at the New House. Becky was so calm in helping us get ready and ensuring that everything was perfect for us. We had a problem with the icing on our wedding cake (nothing to do with the New Hiouse) on the morning of the wedding and the New House staff wasted no time in ensuring that this was fixed for us. The canapes which accompanied the arrival drinks for guests were lovely. The wedding breakfast was also cooked and presented beautifully. The New House are very generous with their portions of food as well as the drinks. All of the guests that we spoke to on the day agreed that it was delicious. The brief turn around of the marquee from afternoon to evening was seamless. We had arranged for barbecue in the evening for our guests and again, the New House we very generous with the amount of food on offer - most of our day guests could only manage a hotdog and salad! Breakfast the following morning was also lovely with a very good selection of hot and cold options available.

Thank you to all at the New House for making our wedding day so perfect and unforgettable. From the beautiful views to the lovely interior to the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff - you are fantastic! We had an absolutely amazing day with our family and friends and will most certainly be returning to you for our first anniversary!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nikita_and_Joe

Dear Reviewer,

Wow! Thank you for such a glowing review of both your wedding day and the hotel.

We pride ourselves on a warm welsh welcome and 5 star service in a personal environment and I am so pleased to hear that you and your guests had such a great experience.

I will be sure to pass your comments onto the rest of the team who will be delighted to read them.

Many thanks for your review once again and we look forward to welcoming you back for your first year anniversary.