“Great restaurant in Canton”
Review of Almada - CLOSED

Almada
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Almada offers authentic Portuguese cuisine with a menu that changes with the seasons so that we only use the freshest ingredients.We have a free function room which seats up to 40 which is ideal for parties or business meetings where a buffet or sit down meal can be provided.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

If you're looking for something a bit different, then this Portuguese place in Canton is a good bet. Wouldn't have expected to find such a restaurant here, but it has a nice (but fairly concise) menu that has lots to offer. Lunch is especially good value.

1  Thank owen1312

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I went with my friend a couple of weeks ago and I was pleased to see that the service and quality were still as good as they had been in the past when I have eaten here. We had a lovely meal and will defs be going back.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We visited Cardiff last weekend to stay with our son and he took us to the Almada for a meal. The menu seemed limited but It was delicious. My husband and son had the Hake and I had the Pork. They both loved their fish and my pork was so tender and tasty. The atmosphere was great and the staff (Owners) were so friendly and helpful. It was a cold rainy night outside but the inside was warm and sunny. I would recommend this restaurant and we will definitely go there again next time we are in Cardiff.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Firstly, I would like to thank the management for keeping the restaurant open just for us. We had made an e-mail booking but had not given a telephone number. We were the only diners there on the night probably due to the bad weather. Although menu choice is rather limited the food was absolutely excellent - the soup and cold meat/cheese starter was delicious and the steak and piri-piri chicken were just so tasty. We will go back here when next in Cardiff.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Had a lovely meal at the Almada. The atmosphere was great and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The menu is quite small but everything sounded delicious. I had the pork, cabbage and chorizo stew and my partner had lamb shank, both of which were excellent and very generous portions. Unfortunately we didnt have room for dessert! Will definitely be back again.