“Jack Savoretti Concert”

The Glee Club
Ranked #6 of 13 Concerts & Shows in Cardiff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wales' premier comedy club and live music venue. Multiple 'Best Comedy Venue' award winner. Weekend comedy, Christmas Parties, comedy tour shows, live music & more.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

What a fab evening, great atmosphere good sound system and the brilliant Jack Savoretti a young singer song writer who can give a professional performance life and take you into so many genres of music . His backing group was excellent and the electric cellist amazing. The Glee club is small venue and so its intimate and comfortable and the singer are life sized unlike the 2 inch tall singer I have seen at some of the mammoth pack them in venues where you see the singer on a screen and obviously have to depend on the speaker system which sounds like a cd. . The Glee Club is just the place for any age live music lovers. The popcorn was great. It is an excellent venue, reasonably priced and I would have no problem a in recommending to any age group. At 57 I thought I would be the oldest there but that was not the case it was full off all ages that liked live music. I wish there more venues like this in Wales. They had excellent facilities for disabled people there.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

had a nice evening with just two friends..food was nice to pick at although quite pricey but when the night ended the lights came on and we began to finish our drinks as a lot of people were doing the same..within minutes the bouncer approached us an said very rudely you have one minute to drink up and get out..i told him he was rude an there was no need for his behaviour an he continued to be aggressive swearing and yelling and when asked for hid name as id like to make a complait he refused got very aggrressive and threw me out..i paid good money for the evening and deserve to finish a drink iv paid for.

3  Thank sandradee90
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Myself and my party arrived at the venue to celebrate my partners birthday, and it must be said that the staff and door staff were well organised and very efficient. We were swiftly shown to our table and everything was pre-ordered to make the evening start right and swiftly, in which it was.
The show commenced and we had a thoroughly good evening, enjoying 3 comics, indulging in fine food, washed down with good beer and a cracking ambience.
Our problems arouse when the comedy had ended and the dance floor cleared in readiness for a disco with the bar remaining open for the customers, the music began and with in around 15mins the place was empty with the exception of another 2 groups of around 10 in total, as they were leaving the last orders bell sounded (around 22.50 – 23.00 hrs), so we ordered another 2 drinks (1 bottle Budweiser and vodka lemonade) as the other 3 had around half a glass of wine left each. The final bell sounded, and the background music abruptly stopped and replaced my giggling and laughter through a microphone. At around 23.10 – 23.15 we were asked to finish up our drinks by door staff to which we chatted to briefly and carried on finishing off our drinks.
We then noticed a recording booth / control room with staff looking out at us through a glass window, which is when we were subjected to vile taunts and very abusive, upsetting and appalling behaviour to which I have never experienced in my entire life. We were called the “Very slow drinking group”, told to “Hurry up we want to go home”, “What is she wearing” and to top it off “Look at Penfold there in the specs, clearly pointing at me (as there was nobody else in that direction) and laughing.
As we left the building and bid farewell to the door staff all you heard was “Thank F*** for that they are going (23.30hrs), as I looked left there was a door open ajar to which I opened and led to another in which I opened and realised I was standing in front of the staff that had been abusing us, the doorman was beside me and said “You cant be here” to which I agreed but told the staff that their appalling behaviour and abuse is totally uncalled for and totally out of order and that they had spoilt a brilliant evening, bringing shame on the performance of the comics, to which I was greeted with entire laughter. I then left the room very embarrassed and annoyed that staff could be so damn rude, I swiftly sought for the venue manager,who was shouted to by a staff member, and she stopped clearing / cleaning on the floor and approached me. I introduced myself and spoke with her about the abuse we had received and she sad “Sorry but I did not here it”, I then told her that I had been called Penfold and law and behold she chuckled at me, well this infuriated me greatly and cannot understand how a person in such power could behave in such a derogatory manner. I explained that I am in the Catering and Hospitality industry and hold a management position in a 250 seated business and that I could never behave or emphasise any of my staff behaving in such zoo like animal behaviour, I swiftly said that I would take this matter further and left the premises bemused, shocked, upset, angry, disappointed and most of all bewildered to be subjected to such derogatory behaviour.
I had spent £150 of my hard money (as per my invoice) as well as further money on the night, in as you are aware a very unstable economy where nights out are a rarity, to be subjected to such unprofessional and disgusting behaviour which spoilt my partners birthday and subsequently the remainder of our evening and that of our friends.
I hope this matter is fully investigated and eagerly await your reply, you have a lovely venue, with good comics but such a shame that the company’s name and reputation can be tarnished by such mindless idiots.

6  Thank daveding01
Reviewed August 26, 2012

It was a fab night out, went ith my boyfriend for my birthday and was unsure but I loved it, range of diff acts, sat in the front row and only got picked on once haha. Stag and Hen doos galore, really fun. Chips, beer, wine, cocktails and food orderded from bar and could eat and drink whilst watching the local comedy acts. Brilliant.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My daughters birthday ... so we thought we go to the Glee club in Cardiff there were 7 of us. We queued to get to the box office which wasn't open a note above the window said the card machine was not working, so a few people included us started to say we would go out to the cash machine however the door man over heard us and said its OK it is working. In the meantime a group of women celebrating an event were being given there orders on their behavior for the night and whilst i agree in ensuring people are well behaved when acts are on stage, there is a manner in which to do so and believe you me this was not it. A few of the women were in shock and disgusted by how they had been spoken too. Anyway when the box office opened it was the manager who was serving we found this out as he pointed to his name as the licencee. He then said that the card machine was not working and rudely pointed to the sign above asking if we could read and implying we were idiots so we said actually the doorman just told us it was working and to ignore it.as we were going to get cash. He then went off about, what did the doorman know as he was 10 minutes late tonight and he was just a doorman and ended with well its not working so if you don't like don't bother coming in ! My daughter said to him why are you being like that and being so rude to us and he said that's it SHE is not coming in end of story! Just to point out here not one of us had had a drink, not even one. The only aggressive person was the manager, the doorman was very nice. So because the manager was having a bad night with his staff he has totally ruined my daughters birthday. So my comments on this venue would be avoid it until they replace the manager!

5  Thank DebiCardiff