“Simple idea - well executed”
Review of Kama Lounge - CLOSED

Kama Lounge
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cathays
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The food is always fresh and tasty - can have a great atmosphere during the student term. The drinks are slightly over priced, but the food is very reasonable. Staff are very friendly.

1  Thank Simon B

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We both my partner and I have visited Kama Lounge usually for takeaways, however we decided to attend on one of the acoustic nights with live music, the venue looked very chic... so we were pleasantly surprised that the takeaway prices were the same as eating in.... if we had known before I'm certain we would of eaten in a long while back. The Sweet potato cakes are absolutely amazing and the staff very friendly although the venue is rather busy it all adds to the ambience. I personally recommend the Gyoza's and satay skewers which were delicious!!!
We're just about to book our birthday party there this month so I'm happy we could book a band too. So a definite 5 stars from me!!!!

1  Thank moriam
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Get tired of people who pay £5 for meal and moan!!! Food is cheap and great
If you want 5 star pay and go somewhere else
The guys who serve are always very polite , they can be slightly over worked which means there might be delay. But it's not for long and sitting chatting and having a beer is all part of the experience
Moaners get real

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We went for a friend's 21st birthday meal and drinks. The seating area was dark and dingy as some lights were broken. The menu was confusingly limited considering it is supposed to be a restaurant primarily and a bar second. The food choice was reminiscent of Subway with a "build-your-own" style menu where you choose the type of noodles/rice, meat, and sauce veg for a set price. Any vegetables were extra.
On a table of around 8 people who all ordered different meals, everyone's food was very sparse with the meat and was covered in a bland gloopy sauce; which all ended up tasting the same. The noodles were overcooked while the vegetables were all undercooked. Food was claimed to be 'Asian' but tasted neither Asian nor good in any way. Nobody finished their meal and I was left feeling disappointed and cheated out of my money.
However, when we ordered drinks, they were really quite good. The venue suited a bar more than a restaurant and 2 for 1 cocktails at £5 was good for the quality of drinks. The bartenders were quick with the drinks as well as very chatty and friendly.
Overall I would recommend going to Kama Lounge for drinks but certainly not for food unless you want to waste your money.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Looks great and is well priced. . .however on the one occasion I've been the food was brought out late and slightly cold. One member of staff did apologise and provide an explanation, another was extremely rude. Would never go back again