“Another Wonderful Stay. Perfect.”
Review of Jolyon's at No. 10

Jolyon's at No. 10
Ranked #9 of 47 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I celebrated her recent Birthday by staying at our favourite hotel. We had a wonderful time, the room was luxurious (with the most amazing jacuzzi bath) the staff attentive and I can't honestly see us staying anywhere else. I had heard that a new chef had recently been appointed and we were more than impressed with his menu. The goats cheese bruschetta was delicious as was the prawn linguine, and the homemade burgers with bacon and cheese I can't recommend enough. We had planned to go into the town centre for drinks but the bar was so warm and cosy we stayed on the sofas by the roaring fire and decided to stay at Bar Cwtch.
My birthday can't come soon enough so we can return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jolyons10, Owner at Jolyon's at No. 10, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

thank you so much its always a pleasure to see you when you arrive.

i cant wait to show you are new plans to extend the rear of the building dinnning area and new reception with a roof terrace to enjoy a drink or two!!

Take care your lovley guests
jolyon

Reviewed January 10, 2013

A little gem just off the town centre, you will be sure of a very warm welcome and a comfortable stay. The rooms and bathrooms were fab, small criticism - no drawers to hide away bits so lovely room looked a bit messy in spite of our effots and no light over shaving mirror in bathroom, just central little tiny spotlights so husband shaved by guesswork! Also the room was really hot in spite of us turning off the radiator but the lovely staff, gorgeous breakfast and fantastic location more than made up for it! We left the car in the tiny car park and walked everywhere! We had a Living Social deal which included a two night stay with breakfasts and a two course meal in the comfortable and lively bar/resturant. A brilliant deal and fabulous value for money.

Room Tip: We had a fabulous walk in shower which really added to our experience. I would definitely request th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Fantastic place to stay. I stayed here with my family for my brother's graduation and i have to say the decor in the bedrooms were what drawed us to staying there and did not disappoint. The staff were friendly, rooms were clean and the style beautiful, close to the town (we walked). Breakfast was great. LOVE the coloured lights in the bath!

Room Tip: we had two bedrooms between us and both looked amazing
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

At the time of writing, this hotel is ranked 22nd of 85 hotels in Cardiff (Premier Inn is ranked No. 1!). If this is the 22nd best hotel in Cardiff, then I'm Shakin' Stevens.

Without wittering on (see description of room for that) this is very well priced hotel, located perfectly for Bute Park; Cardiff Castle; The Millennium Stadium; Cardiif Arms Park; the main shopping streets (if you like that kind of thing), with charming and friendly staff, for whom nothing was too much trouble.

If you like small hotels with a bit of personality, with staff that also have personality, then I would be surprised if you could do any better in Cardiff.

(Ps. the initial low gradings seem to be mostly months ago, and focused on the food - after bringing this up, before booking, we were told they had made improvements in this area.

We found the food, and service, to be more adequate, and reasonable for the price.

Only complaint would be a too liberal use of salt - though we personally use salt sparingly.)

Room Tip: Orpington Suite - this is one of four suites located at the front of the hotel; it is on the first f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My partner & I came to Cardiff just for a night and was lucky to have found this hotel as we had checked out positive reviews. I can safely say that those reviews dont do it justice as we both thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay here. The service from the brilliant staff was 5 star. From the porter to the very helpful lady on reception, we were both made to feel welcome and to enjoy our stay at their hotel. The room was absolutely gorgeous with a bathroom to match our high standards. Breakfast was lovely and again matched to a high standard.
Will give this hotel a high recommendation for anyone who wants to try an alternative to the common hotel chains in Cardiff. 5 star boutique hotel

Room Tip: 21 individual designed rooms so plenty of choice. bathroom with underfloor heating & night visi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Me and my partner decided to book jolyons no10 as a break away and also an opportunity to make a start at our Christmas shopping. We love staying in bouitique hotels and recomented this one by a friend living in cardiff. We were greated in a very friendly manor and were shown to our room the harlequin suite. The room was amazing and had a plunge pool bath. The room was very spacious and had a stunning chesterfield sofa in its longe area and its very own mini bar, the furniture in the room was beautiful and elegant. It was only a ten minutes walk to the city centre, which was perfect for a planned day of shopping. When we returned to the hotel we had a few hours to take advantage of the fabulous plunge pool before making our way down our evening meal. The service was so warming and the atmosphere was set with candles lovely music playing and a log fire burning. The food was outstanding really enjoyed the both courses from the well layed out menu.
I had a very comfortable nights sleep, had a excellent breakfast to top of a perfect stay. When checking out my partner got chatting about the hotels and its rooms, Hannah was very happy to then show around some of the other suites and rooms which were again all very unique in there design. I loved my stay
and would highly recommend in to everyone.
Mr Morgans

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed in Cardiff for a get away night and decided on Jolyons.

The staff - couldn't do enough for us. Helped with our bag and showed us to the room.

The room - Wow! A plunge pool .. I have not seen that before. The suite had plenty of space with a separate lounge area. It was warm and cosy for a cold autumns night.

We had a sandwich in the bar before going out. I had the Cwtch Club and what a sandwich. It was presented so well and tasted just as good.

The bar was full of atmosphere when we got back in the night so we stayed for a few drinks. Felt so relaxed - much more than any bar I have been to before. Much much more than just a hotel bar!

We stopped by for breakfast the following morning. We had a full welsh breakfast which was so filling and delicious. There was so much more choice. Again the waiting staff were cheerful and helpful - not like some of the bigger hotels where sometimes the attention to detail isn't there. They had the fine balance right here - enough but not intrusive.

We booked another stay for the new year and are really looking forward to it. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a fantastic time in Cardiff.

• Stayed: November 2012