“A bit of an identity crisis - could be excellent”
Review of Puccini - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Puccini
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: I am awaiting confirmation from you regarding this superb restauraunt.I am dissapointed you have not yet got back to me.Regards Paul Horrell
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've got mixed feelings about Puccini. On the one hand, the staff are friendly , the food is reasonable and the prices OK value, especially the tapas deal. On the other hand, the ambience is cold, the dining area is either far too overlit or too dark ,the house wine is a bit grim and the service is patchy, with waiters not really focusing on customer needs. I'm not sure what Puccini thinks it is - what is "Mediterranean tapas"? It seems to blend different kinds of cuisine but not always successfully. I think it needs to have a rethink - perhaps focus on one kind of cusine (they do very good Turkish/Lebanese food) and make the ambience and eating experience a lot nicer. And sort the lighting out!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

My husband and I ate here on a recent weekend visit to Cardiff. We were just passing and were intrigued by the tapas menu on offer. We were greeted by very friendly and attentive staff. Food was very tasty and slightly different to the usual Spanish tapas that we have tried before. Would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Great selection of Tapas and Meditteranean cuisine. The quality of the food is excellent and the service is very good. The frontage and decor of this place does let it down but if you look beyond that you will be rewarded. Well worth a visit

Reviewed January 8, 2012

This was my second visit for this restaurant, both bought with a Groupon deal, both occasions the food was lovely and the serve friendly and quick. The Groupon deal was excellent value so I will be looking out for another this year. Even without the deal the regular prices weren't too high - good selection of wine too.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

For a year or so, I often passed this place by in favor of another restaurant called Mezza Lunna - I like all types of Med food. The front never appealed to me but a Tastecard discount meant I gave it a go. Was I surpised! Great great great food and a lovely atmosphere. Service relaxed even when place is busy - all very helpful.

Been back several times using every deal possible eg groupon and the like and have never been disappointed. Service always excellent. Food wise - good choice of starters and mains with an excellent selection of tapas (even better when it's on the £30 for £15 offer). I just love this place and the mussels in saffron is a must have!

Now my favourite place in Cardiff - couldn't believe that I didn't give this place a chance earlier.

Ps Turns out that Mezza Luna is like a sister restaurant and that place is really good (but not as good!)