“World on your plate.”

Ranked #902 of 1,276 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Sit down to a tantalising selection of authentic, freshly-made food, selected from a range of the world's most popular cuisines. Red Hot World Buffet Cardiff lets you choose your own eclectic eating experience.In a prime spot at the bustling St David's Shopping Centre, the restaurant is an ideal place to unwind after a spot of retail therapy, or before a game or concert at the world-class Millennium Stadium.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a place I have been in many buffets in my home town in China town London and in Spain. I have never seen a place like this.

What a choice over 200 dishes in the daytime any over 300 at night. The choice is not from one country but from many. I did find that one or two dishes needed to have a higher temperature. This is a problem with many buffet style places. Red Hot did provide lids for the serving areas but as usual not everyone closed them. No restrictions made no the type of food or the amount and I found that the standard of the food was very good. Deserts were to die for as well. You should see the cakes at the entrance and note that the take away price is not per slice but for the whole cake.

The whole area is clean and décor is really good and staff friendly and efficient. Prices vary depending on the day and time of day but really good value.

I look forward to being in Cardiff again just to eat here

Day Lunch Dinner

Friday £8.49 £14.99
Saturday £9.99 £14.99
Sunday £12.99 £12.99

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The restaurant is very nicely decorated and there is so much food... a lot of variety from all over the world... Indian, Italian, Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Japanese, English, Mediterranean and Cajun! Comparing it to another similar restaurant, I would say that the food sections could be better separated from each other; though every dish is labelled for the customer's convenience. I must definitely point out the excellent wide variety of desserts... so make sure you leave enough space :)

We went there on a Saturday round 7:30pm without booking... we were escorted to a table right away... though after about half an hour, there was a long queue waiting for a table! So I suggest that it is better if you book beforehand, especially on a weekend, if you're not happy to wait!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Massive variety of food from many different cultures, as much as you can eat for £8.99 pp (lunch, £12.99 for dinner). The pasta and rice were very overdone but the overall flavour of the food was incredible considering how much of it there was.

The spring rolls are amazing!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I took my husband here for his birthday, I booked for around 8pm but when arrived we still had to wait for a table like everyone else who just walked in. The food wasnt very nice and I would defeutly say the food is bought from icelands pound range. I wont be going again.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I should start by saying I am not usually a fan of buffets anyway.. i think its better to be served your food if you are dining out......

I have been here a few times though (always for birthday meals). only reason being is it is a good location (easy to go for drinks afterwards) and it suits everybodys tastes.

The staff are not great. very slow and forgetful. TIP: order drinks at the bar when u arrive before you are seated as if you order at the table you may just die of thirt before they arrive!

the booking system obviously isnt very good either as every time we have been they have been OVERbooked. the place gets very very busy on fri and saturday nights, so be warned.

the actual food is very nice though, and the deserts are tasty too.
just a bit too much hustle and bustle for my liking.
TIP: do NOT go here on a date!