“Something for everyone”

Ranked #907 of 1,324 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Sit down to a tantalising selection of authentic, freshly-made food, selected from a range of the world's most popular cuisines. Red Hot World Buffet Cardiff lets you choose your own eclectic eating experience.In a prime spot at the bustling St David's Shopping Centre, the restaurant is an ideal place to unwind after a spot of retail therapy, or before a game or concert at the world-class Millennium Stadium.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We came here for lunch in November, we had never been before. The venue is very modern decorated in black and red with lots of mirrors but much too dimly lit for me, even the ladies toilets were too dark and I wanted to turn the lights up! The staff were very efficient getting us a table, taking our drinks order and clearing tables of empty plates quickly. We were assigned a waitress who took our drinks order and then we went to see what food was on offer. This is an all you can eat buffet offering food from all around the world for nine pounds per person. Initially I found the mirrors everywhere in the food area very distracting and I recommend having a good look around to see what food there is before choosing. I had food from the Chinese and Indian sections and everything was very nice, I did find the korma/tikka sauces to be very thin though. My husband had a selection of everything and said the beefburgers were his favourite.There were plenty of lovely desserts and I liked that the cakes were cut into small pieces so that you could taste a few. My favourite dessert was the creme brulee which was served in tiny pots-I had never tasted this before but it was absolutely delicious! There is also icecream, fresh fruit, sorbets, cheesecakes... We had a large glass of wine at 5.50 each so out total bill was around 27 pounds. We went back on 16th December but were very disappointed to see that the price had gone up to fifteen pounds each due to the Christmas menu so we left and went elsewhere, we will go back again but not until the price goes back to normal!

1  Thank cariadnic
Write a ReviewReviews (1,705)

Reviewed December 17, 2012

food cold, lunch time menu okay, staff miserable and unapproachable, felt like a production line and the quality of the food was not good and a little unimaginative.

1  Thank julie g
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The food served is average and not of great quality, went during lunch and was'nt overly impressed. Plenty of choice though..

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was the second time I have been and I was a bit disappointed. You are squeezed onto tables far too small for your party so no one has any elbow room. The floor is quite slippery which is a nightmare having to get up and down to get your food. There is a good range of food but none of it is of an amazing quality. If you book a table for a certain size party, they will charge you for that many people, even if not everyone turns up.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Six of us were on business overnight in Cardiff, so a few of the girl's wanted to try the place out, phoned whilst on our journey down to Cardiff and were told the only serving they were able to accommodate us was 7pm so we took this slot.
I have eaten in these places before so I knew what to expect, I must say once you've been to one then the excitement and novelty wares off!
One of my colleagues wanted the toilet and unfortunately for her it was upstairs and she had difficulty with stairs some disability.
Cardiff Red Hot isn't as organised as the others, dishes are all spread out and u have to walk round the hole buffet to find what u want. I'm Welsh and proud of it but the people down in Cardiff were pushing and shoving as if this was the last restaurant open to eat in.

Next time someone suggests Red Hot, then sorry I will be eating somewhere else.