“Romans and Ruins”
Review of See Wales Tours

See Wales Tours
Ranked #4 of 45 Tours in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape to Wales and join us for guided sightseeing tours from Cardiff.*See the wonderful countryside of Wales: visiting majestic castle ruins; sandy beaches; green hilltops; roman forts and even the depths of a famous Welsh coal mine, listening to Welsh music along the way.*Our minicoach tours are designed for all - independent travellers, families and groups.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Because of a glitch in e-mail booking, my husband and I showed up at the pick-up spot in Cardiff without reservations, hoping that there would be room on the tour for us. Our guide Paul greeted us with a smile, assured us that we were welcome, and proceeded with a day long tour we thoroughly enjoyed. The itinerary was truly interesting and comfortably paced, all of it enhanced by a guide who enjoyed spending the day with his customers and showing them parts of the country he loves. Highest marks!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went on the Golden Gower Tour and on the Mines and Mountain Tour. I had a really great time on both tours. Our tour guide, Paul, was really nice, knowledgeable, and funny. He answered everyone's questions really well. He even put up with my cheesy jokes. The museums (the Dylan Thomas Museum and Weobley Castle on the Golden Gower Tour and the Big Pit and Brecon Cathedral on the Mines and Mountains Tour) were quite entertaining and informative. Tourists also get to see a neolithic burial chamber on the Golden Gower Tour and a site where people lived thousands of years ago on the Mines and Mountains Tour. The traditional Welsh music Paul played on the rides was very lovely. It was cool that he also managed to work in some pop music by Welsh musicians like Tom Jones and Charlotte Church and some music sung by opera great Bryn Terfel. The Welsh landscape is absolutely beautiful, even when it's cloudy. I am glad that I did the walking parts of both tours because I was able to see more of the landscape. I do have one small warning for tourists: before you decide to do the walking parts of the tours, make sure you are physically capable of walking uphill. Because I live in Louisiana, I live at or below sea level and I use cars for most of my transportation, so hiking up the hills left me a bit winded even though I do aerobics classes three times a week. I also had a minor heel injury that was exacerbated by the uphill climbs. Paul did tell us that the walks were optional, but, being stubborn, I had to try. Overall, I would recommend See Wales Tours to anyone and everyone. I had a swell time. Thanks, Paul.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We took two day tours with Paul as our guide and had a wonderful time. Paul has a wonderful personality, imparts lots of information and clearly loves what he is doing. He loves showing his beautiful country and as a result, both tours were excellent.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Went on the Golden Gower and Mines & Mountains tours on consecutive days. On both days our guide was Adrian, a wonderful guy who was warm, funny, knowledgeable and, most importantly of all, enthusiastic about his material. You'd think something like castle and church layouts would make for rather dull guiding, but somehow Adrian brought it all alive. Also, he has a great singing voice! We had a Tom Jones singalong one day on the way back to Cardiff. I liked that it wasn't constant talking, and we were left alone for some of the drives to appreciate the lovely scenery with some Welsh music in the background. The tour of Gower was really fantastic - beautiful scenery. There was a brief stop at the Dylan Thomas Centre in Swansea, then time allocated for the leisurely walk from Langland Bay to Caswell Bay, and a fair amount of time at Rhossili Bay as well, before ending at Weobley Castle. The Mines & Mountains tour was less value-for-money in a way, because a huge part of it, the excellent Big Pit tour, is conducted by other guides. There was a photo stop for the Brecon Beacons, lunch stop in Brecon (a little underwhelming, I thought, but then again we didn't have much time after lunch to walk around), an informative stop at Brecon Cathedral and then a chance to climb up a hill for more views of the Brecon Beacons. Anyway, to sum up, enjoyable tours with a great guide. Thanks once again Adrian!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The guide/driver Paul was good, lots of fun and really knowledgeable about all things Wales.The Gower is a beautiful place, unfortunately we had dreadful weather and did not see it in it's full splendour.

Given such bad weather on the day, perhaps the stop at Rhosili could have been shortened, but apart from that, the day overall was enjoyable.