“Nice atmosphere”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went here to catch up with a friend over a few drinks. I found the service friendly and efficient and there was a really nice atmosphere in there. I've been here before and had tapas and it was nice. I like that they have print outs of the tapas menu where you can tick what you want, perfect when ordering for a group of people. Will return.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Visited 14-12-12, which was a Friday evening, and being the last but one prior to Christmas. Took 10 minutes to get two drinks with only three customers in front of us. Premises had two bar staff working to cope with the demand. On our previous visit, we did wait, but decided to leave after waiting for an excessively long time for only 2 customers in front. Last night we decided to give the place another chance, but nothing has changed and we WILL NOT be giving a third. Avoid

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The pear tree public house is very clutered and not really ideal for someone in a wheelchair, I could not seem to find any toilets that werent upstairs not a great help if in a wheel chair, for a short stay its fine longer stays may envolve the toilet, which was out reach (so to speak)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We visited The Pear Tree today (Saturday) for lunch. It was fairly busy, but there were still two or three tables left. The menu was fairly modern, and included what you might call 'posh-pub' food: Wild Boar burgers, home made tortellini, Chilli Con Carnie (which I had, and was made with large chunks of steak rather than mince which gave it a very luxurious quality) there were also a lot of very yummy sounding salads and sandwiches which, on a warmer day in the future, I hope to try. There was plenty of choice without there being too much that it takes an age to choose. We have no qualms about the service, it was very friendly and helpful. We will most certainly return, perhaps we shall enjoy a dinner or lunch or even a relaxed lazy Saturday morning breakfast.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had breakfast there on a Sunday morning. It was not very crowded and I placed our order at the bar and the drinks and food are served to the table. It took about 20 minutes for the teas to arrive and about another 10 minutes for the food to arrive. I had to ask the waitress to wipe the (dirty) table. She would have put the cups on the table. I ordered Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon. The eggs were perfectly cooked but the muffin was barely toasted and the hollandaise sauce definitely from a jar. The toast with the full English breakfast was also barely toasted. The tea came in glass cups which I find strange for a traditional cuppa. We had one regular and one large tea - different size cups but one tea bag floating in each cup. There are so many places to go for a really good breakfast that I probably wouldn't go back and although the waitress behind the bar who took the order was nice and smiley, the service waitress didn't look happy about working on Sunday morning!