“Good 'American' food for Homesick Americans”

Ed's Easy Diner - Cardiff
Ranked #316 of 1,215 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: American, Diner, South American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Bend, Indiana
“Good 'American' food for Homesick Americans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

My fiancee and I have been abroad for a month and a half now, and this place was great to feel like we were back home for an hour. It has a nice feel to it, and the staff were nice and made sure we had everything we needed.
Price is what I'd expect if it were in dollars (i.e. if I went to five guys I'd expect to pay 6$ for a burger, but this is in pounds, so it hurt a little), so it being in pounds is a little painful. You can get a combo for 9.50 that includes the burger, fries (yes, they're called fries and not crisps!), and onion rings (a good deal we felt). The burger is no five guys/in-and-out burger, but it was good. My fiancee got the milkshake, and it was just amazing.
Not a 5-star experience, but it was good.

• Visited February 2013

“Awful experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The people who have rated this highly obviously went to a different place than me and my family. Service rubbish, value for money: a small plain burger on a small side plate with nothing else (ie no fries or anything) £6.50!!!! What a total joke! A hot dog (one often cheap water jobs) with nothing else for £6.40. Unreal. Don't touch the place!

London
“Fabulous service and good quality food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We couldn't get into any restaurant in Cardiff before a show at the local arena so we had to queue here. The queue was short and the service just excellent.

Visited January 2013
Cardiff
“Simply the best milkshakes in Cardiff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

The food at Ed's is freshly made (before your very eyes), and the staff are pleasant. The portions are on the small side, especially for an American style diner, however, the milkshakes and malts are to die for!

I used to make a special effort to go to Ed's in London for a milkshake whenever I visited, so I was delighted when they opened in Cardiff.

The peanut butter malt is amazing, and you get a good 2.5 glasses worth of gloopy ice-creamy gorgeousness out of one drink. Try it!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank RachK
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Poor Hygiene”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This restaurant is rated 1 out of 5 for food hygiene. Visit it at your own risk! This is the official food agency rating

Visited January 2013