“Great fun”

Cardiff Sea Safaris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: From a 15 minute Bay blast for everyone to corporate parties for up to 24 people, Pirate parties for the kids searching for treasure, to Hen and Stag parties for the big kids, Cardiff Sea Safaris does it all. We can take you on a tour around Flat Holm Island or drop you off on the Island on one of our special event tours. With your own guide to take you back in time or just have a stroll around by yourself. You can even have a drink at the most southerly pub in Wales at the Gull and Leak pub on the Island. We are here to give you a uniquely wild experience in a beautiful part of the world. For more information just call and chat to a member of our crew. Do different! Be different!
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Took the family for a bay blast. Amazing fun. Better than fun fair rides. be prepared You will get wet. One of those things you should do before it's to late.

1  Thank nenonen
There are newer reviews for Cardiff Sea Safaris

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family and I went on this trip a fortnight last Saturday and it was easily the fastest and most enjoyable fast boat trip we've been on yet (done the Clyde, Ilfracombe and the Thames). Our children (5 and 7) totally loved it, yelling with delight as we bounced across the waves. We bought the hour trip and I think this was just the right length, especially given our kids' age and the fact that this was a coolish day in October. We shot across Cardiff marina, through the barrage and then out into the Bristol channel where they cranked the engines right up and zoomed us off towards Flatholm island. They were generous with the time and did lots of 360 turns and bouncing back over the boat's wake. Apart from the truly terrible jokes - the skipper did say he told really bad jokes - this was a great trip. We felt totally safe the whole time as the seats had sensibly high armrests and backrests and the two-man crew kept an eye on us. Good tip: take waterproof trousers and warm hats which won't blow off in the wind because although they kit you out with good waterproof jackets this is a fast boat and the spray really does go everywhere! Remember this is the Bristol channel and there is always a wind out there! In summary, well worth the money - you will love every minute. Just be sure to tell them some truly funny jokes so they can learn them and use them on subsequent passengers...

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My friends and I have just had a wonderful time with Sea safaris. We booked the trip as a surprise for a friend after another friend said it was great fun and really different. When we turned up the guys were fantastic. We were kitted up in all the gear waterproofs etc and given a safety brief. We got onto the boat and were soon flying around the bay doing 'doughnuts', if that's what you do on water. It was exhilarating a real adrenaline rush. The louder we shouted and laughed the faster we went. It was amazing what the driver could do with the boat. We all got off the boat buzzing and will definitely be back for more. Great value for money!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Ended up paying for a trip that never happended!
This business demanded payment upfront and provide no receipt or confirmation of booking.
They then changed the time of the trip, at which you are left with no recourse, as there is no paper trail.
They will not admit their error, but instead are keen to take your cash and leave people with a ruined day.
Bay Island Voyages run the same bay excusions, so i would suggest using them if you want to do this trip. Whilst i have't used this company i cannot imagine they could be any worse than the cowboys at Cardiff Sea Safari

1  Thank Hubb79
Reviewed October 10, 2013

After making a booking over the telephone for the 3pm trip and being advised to come at 2:45pm I turned up only to be told I had made a mistake and that they could book me on a later trip but I would have to pay again??? The man driving the boat (and apparently in charge of the operation) couldn't even be bothered to come and see me to explain. Because it was a telephone booking I was left up the proverbial creek without a paddle with no receipt or proof of booking. I know what time I was told and it was the company that made the mistake.

Im disgusted with the level of service (basically non existent) and have not been offered a refund or apology.

My advice to you good people, avoid these pirates and their scam or at the very least get a receipt to prove you have paid.

Waste of my time and money.

4  Thank James_Br0ck