Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre
$120
Hotels.com
$101
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$72
$67
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$72
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
$156
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$74
$70
Orbitz.com
$75
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$98
$48
$239
1,375 results
All reviewsmillennium stadiumcity centreopposite the castlearms parkcar parkbute parkexcellent locationon site parkingreception stafffamily roomwould stay againexecutive roombreakfast was excellentstayed here for one nightgood nights sleepbars and restaurantsfree parking
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I spent 3 nights at the Holiday Inn in Cardiff with my girlfriend, her mother, sister and her partner for 3 nights away. The location is very close to the shops, bars and restaurant. It is also next door to the Millenium stadium. It has it's own car park which is £10 for 24hrs which isn't too bad.
The hotel throughout appeared to be clean and tidy.
On check-in we were asked if we would be eating breakfast at the hotel which would be an extra £9 per person per morning. Most hotels of this price that I have been to include the breakfast. We decided not to pay for the breakfast at the hotel and go across the road to Wetherspoons where I could have pretty much anything for £3-£4.
I then asked about Internet access in the room and was told that it would be £15 per 24 hours. Taking into account that we were there for 3 nights that would have added £45 to the bill. I didn't need to use the Internet a lot, just for emails and googling tourist activites, restaurants and bars so we just ended up using our smart phones for that. We found some vouchers for discounts at certain chain restaurants that we needed to print out. When we asked the hotel they told us that they didn't have a printer that we could use and would have to go to the library which was next door to John Lewis. The library is a nice, modern building with friendly staff. They gave free Internet access and charged 20p per print which was a fair price to pay. It seemed as though a few people there had the same idea and were printing out restaurant discount vouchers too.
The hotel had no fitness facilities or pool.
Before we went out one evening we decided to buy a drink from the hotel bar. 3 drinks = £16.40. Very expensive for a couple of glasses of wine and a beer.
Back to the room...... the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and had some really good sleep. There was a lack of plug sockets, I think there were 2 available for use. We had 2 phones, camera batteries, hair straighteners and a laptop to plug in so we were constantly having to climb under the dresser to switch plugs. The bathroom was quite small but again clean, air conditioning worked well and there was an old style philips hotel style CRT TV as opposed to one of the more recent flat screens.
I know that I have said both positive and negative things about this hotel but I have tried to give a real life review stating all observations that might be of use to anyone reading this.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
keegoCardiff, Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in regard to your recent visit.

I was pleased to note that you found the hotel comfortable and clean . I will also take your comments about the cost for extras into account when next conducting a pricing review.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 27, 2010

Stayed here for business and the hotel was very friendly and clean. Breakfast was great and the location was really good as it was only a 2 minute walk to Queens street. Just steps away from the hotel towards Queens street is a great restaurant/bar that serve good food all day. Very trendy and nice and good price. The shops, and nightspots and restaurants are all within a few minutes from the hotel so you really cannot get any better. Much better than other Holiday Inns I´ve stayed in.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent visit.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with your colleagues and look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 27, 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn as a special treat as I am a huge WHO/Torchwood fan. This was a wonderful surprise and I found both the Hotel and Cardiff a wonderful, vibrant, friendly city. SO much so, we plan on returning later this year. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Our room was clean, spacious with a lovely view of the Castle across the road. We found the staff very, very friendly and professional. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Well Done Holiday Inn and Diolch!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in regard to your visit.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay whilst soaking up the atmostphere of the city that Doctor Who and Torchwood were filmed in. I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Cofion cynnes

Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed one very rainy night in August. Handy carpark, close to Cardiff centre. Standard Holiday Inn but the bar had food specials that were not standard Holiday INn. Nice change from a club sandwich. There were roadworksoutside the hotel which made access interesting but nodoubtthese willbe finished soon. Lots of different customers in the bar at night, made a change. Would stay again next time in Cardiff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

I am pleased to note you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Cardiff, by which time the roadworks should be completed ( Oct 2010)

Reviewed August 1, 2010

Travelled to Cardiff for a wedding and needed a budget hotel to rest our heads and eat breakfast and overall it was good.

-Staff were excellent and very friendly.
-Great location opposite the castle.
-Fantastic breakfast buffet in the morning

Only down side was our double bed was two singles pushed together but it was a major inconvenience and they supplied linen and a duvet to cover the whole bed.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
keegoCardiff, Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

Thank you for your comments, I trust we will be able to welcome you back when you are next in Cardiff. Please let me know when you make your booking and I can ensure you receive a room without a zip&link bed.