Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre
$83
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$42
Hilton
$96
Travelocity
  • Pool
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$73
$68
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$91
$83
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$88
$81
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$71
$66
Hotels.com
$89
$75
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
$82
$79
Orbitz.com
1,347 results
All reviewsmillennium stadiumcity centreopposite the castlearms parkcar parkbute parkexcellent locationon site parkingreception stafffamily roomwould stay againexecutive roombreakfast was excellentstayed here for one nightgood nights sleepbars and restaurantsfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We only stayed for one night at this hotel but were pleasantly surprised. The hotel throughout is very modern and clean. The room was quite large, very clean and quiet being at the back with a view looking out towards the Millennium Stadium. The breakfast was superb with a good choice of hot and cold. The hotel is virtually in the centre opposite the castle and next to the Arms Park. Would definitely stay here again next time we're in Cardiff.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel may be a bit noisy?
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin L
GuestRelationsHICDFC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Many Thanks for your kind words I am please you had a great stay and that our breakfast offering impressed.

I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a Standard Holiday inn, with parking at £10 a day. It is a very busy hotel with lots of coach parties using it, every door the place seems to bang all night. Its location for Cardiff city centre is perfect. The hotel is a little old and in places showing its age. At night groups of younger people who do not seem to be staying in the hotel come in to use the toilets and hang around the lift and bar areas. Late at night we were never once checked in and out of the hotel. The Staff are friendly and efficient. It was easy to find from the M4 and we had the Castle as a view. Watch out for hidden extras and the internet is over priced. We did not eat in the hotel as there are so many local cafés and restaurants nearby. We had an executive room and I have never seen such a small hotel bath room in my life.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FirstPaul
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear FirstPaul,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our property showing its age, extra charges and the bathroom size. you received service (or quality) which was unacceptable. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The central location of the hotel is very convenient for exploring Cardiff and all members of staff were cheerful and helpful. My room was clean and comfortable and provided a good night's rest for my first night, but unfortunately a number of inconsiderate guests ruined the second night's stay, arriving back at the hotel. after 2.00am, shouting to each other, banging doors etc. In the morning some of them went down my corridor indiscriminately knocking on doors and shouting to get up. Hopefully the hotel will consider large group bookings more carefully. I would have given a five star rating for my first night but the second night ruined my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank your for your review and kind comments surrounding our team it is greatly appreciated.

I am sorry that your stay was affected by another party when allocating rooms we do aim to ensure that large groups do not affect our other guests - If you do look to return to us in the future then please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and request a quite room and we will envisage to meet your requirements.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Steyed here on charity ride 2 nuts 2 many castles for diabets , fantasic place to visit fantastic hotel . very friendly , lovely rooms , great food , and great city to go see . there lots fantastic eating places if you dont want hotel but try hotel they have great chefs there

Room Tip: Go find out you wont be dissapointed
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for such great comments it is greatly appreciated and I do hope that your charity ride went well.

I will ensure your kind comments are shared amongst the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am a Holiday Inn Priority Club, and so always try to find a Holiday Inn to stay in when away. This hotel was chosen because of its proximity to Cardiff Bay, where we had been to the Doctor Who Experience. It is also located in the centre of Cardiff - our room overlooked the main road and the castle, looking towards Queen Street. In spite of this, there was no intrusive road noise, perhaps a result of being on the fifth floor.

The car park is around the back of the hotel and, on first sight, doesn't appear to be too secure, although we experienced no problems. It is also quite tight in terms of access to spaces, although we were fortunate in having empty spaces nearby both whilst arriving and departing.

Check in was prompt and friendly, with due recognition of my Priority Club membership, with my membership level entitiling me to free wifi and a free drink in the bar. We were soon in our room, which was a twin room, and was very large, including a large sofa in the window space.

Given that I used to live in Cardiff, I took my son for a quick walk around the City Centre to show him the sights - the hotel being ideally located for such a jaunt.

We had booked a DBB rate, and so headed to the restaurant for a meal, without having made a reservation. The maitre d warned us that there would be a significant delay, up to 40 minutes, and that he would get our order taken as soon as possible. In the event, within 40 minutes, our order had been taken, and our starters and main course had already arrived - there was no delay at all.

The pre-booked dinner gives you three courses chosen from the a limited selection from the a la carte menu. We stuck to these choices, and both enjoyed lovely meals, very well cooked and served (although there was a minor discrepancy on my son's meal - which had been ordered without mayonnaise, but was served with).

We headed to the bar to take advantage of the free drink, and enjoyed friendly, if slow, service.

Breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn affair - plentiful, well chosen food - although my son was a particular fan of the pancakes, as he always is when available!

There was a discrepancy with the bill at checkout - we had been charged a restaurant supplement in spite of having chosen purely from the set menu. This was resolved quickly, and without question - helped by the fact that the receptionist had served us one of the courses in the restaurant the previous evening.

The car park machine wasn't accepting cards, but a passing member of staff said that if we pressed the "help" button, they would open the barrier for us, which they duly did.

An excellent stay, in a modern, well kept, hotel. Customer service was outstanding from every member of staff be it reception, housekeeping, bar and restaurant, and we would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review it is truly appreciated.

I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.